Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

dobobobo said:
Pingu the Penguin said:
256 career goals from midfield

amazing really

Not so amazing when you consider the factor that he was the main penalty taker.

Not that I am having a go at Lampard, he is one of the best players I've seen of my generation, and I cannot fault him. Just does my head in when I see that sort of stat. IMO it should be broken down between goals scored and penalties scored. In Lampards case, it would still be impressive.

A penalty still needs to be scored. They are often taken under great pressure.

Matt the Giant said:
Tricky_Trev said:
He's incredible at cutting off passing angles. Watch him when we don't have the ball. Most of the time he is looking behind to see where opponents are trying to find space, then he shuts off the angle.

I have never, in 42 years, seen a player who looks around himself as frequent as Lampard does. He's constantly looking to his right, to his left, behind him, constantly, when running or when standing still, always.

I take the point but I have.

Silva

dobobobo said:
Pingu the Penguin said:

amazing really

Not that I am having a go at Lampard, he is one of the best players I've seen of my generation, and I cannot fault him. Just does my head in when I see that sort of stat. IMO it should be broken down between goals scored and penalties scored. In Lampards case, it would still be impressive.
That's like saying how many of Henrys goals were tap ins or penaltys. Lampard is one of a generation

dobobobo said:
Pingu the Penguin said:

amazing really

Really

Lampard 43 Penalties scored,which if you take that off his total only puts him 7 behind RVP,now i'm not sure how many penalties RVP has taken but i'm sure Lampard would be ahead of him goals wise.

STATS FEB 2014

whipper said:
dobobobo said:
Pingu the Penguin said:

amazing really

Really

Lampard 43 Penalties scored,which if you take that off his total only puts him 7 behind RVP,now i'm not sure how many penalties RVP has taken but i'm sure Lampard would be ahead of him goals wise.

STATS FEB 2014

Source?

Manc in London said:
dobobobo said:
Pingu the Penguin said:

amazing really

A penalty still needs to be scored. They are often taken under great pressure.

I disagree. On occasions yes, but not every single penalty.

AlloBoi said:
dobobobo said:
Pingu the Penguin said:

amazing really

That's like saying how many of Henrys goals were tap ins or penaltys. Lampard is one of a generation

Exactly. Total goals means nothing to me, breaking it down does.

dobobobo said:
AlloBoi said:
dobobobo said:

Total goals mean nothing to you ?

I'm now beginning to understand your contribution to the Hart thread.

Thank the Lord that penalties aren't discluded from goal difference calculations ;)

The previous posters stats on Lampard are bang on btw

Davs 19 said:
dobobobo said:
AlloBoi said:

Total goals mean nothing to you ?

I'm now beginning to understand your contribution to the Hart thread.

Thank the Lord that penalties aren't discluded from goal difference calculations ;)

The previous posters stats on Lampard are bang on btw

I don't doubt them, but when I Googled earlier I found no break down stats for Lampard.

dobobobo said:
Pingu the Penguin said:

amazing really

You seem to be suggesting that being a reliable penalty taker is somehow a stick to beat Lampard with. In a game where all goals count for the same, and as a supporter of a team that won the league title on goal difference not too long ago, that seems a slightly perverse point of view.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.