Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard

last day of the season, last minute Lampard goal to snatch the title from Chelsea,
STOP IT

bluemc1 said:
citygal1 said:
Can't say enough good things about frank, on the field and the way he comes across off the field, a good role model for up and coming player. Great professional

100% really happy to have him at City, keep it going Frank
A great professional and seems like a thorough gentleman. It's wonderful to have Frank inspiring the youngsters and even revitalising some of the older players.

His reading of a game is extraordinary. Every one of our young players should sit down and study his positional play. He always seems to find space no matter how congested the opposition box.

Keep it up Frank. You'll be a City legend before you know it!

baildon blue said:
I love these cameos he does .
Did it against Chelsea , Hull City and now Southampton .
4 goals for super Frank in all games .
I thought he was very good against Bayern Munich .
I`m impressed and hope he stays fit for the rest of his stay at City .

5 goals in all games :)

Chelsea - 1
Sheffield Wednesday - 2
Hull - 1
Southampton - 1

city manger said lamps is staying. where are all those clowns who said he wouldn't? absolute disgrace and virtual cheating of the ffp system even though they've already been fined 40m for breaking ffp already. points deduction please!!

i officially hate city now as much as anyone ever. f**k.

From a Chelsea forum.

vttears.gif

Puteulanus luna said:
city manger said lamps is staying. where are all those clowns who said he wouldn't? absolute disgrace and virtual cheating of the ffp system even though they've already been fined 40m for breaking ffp already. points deduction please!!

i officially hate city now as much as anyone ever. f**k.

From a Chelsea forum.

vttears.gif
I like how Lampard was available on a free transfer yet is seen as cheating FFP. Had he signed for us directly when his Chelsea deal ran out he would have cost the same as he did when we signed him on loan...

[bigimg]http://www.abc.com.py/imagenes/2014/11/30/lampard-aporto-un-tanto-para-los-ciudadanos-_922_573_1165156.JPG[/bigimg]

Although not a fan of Redknapp Jnr,I do like this article taken from our OS this morning about his cousin :

After another excellent showing in sky blue, Jamie Redknapp reckons Frank Lampard would love nothing more than to help guide City to the league title, even if it was at the expense of Chelsea.

In the Daily Mail the former West Ham and Liverpool star writes:

“Frank Lampard's move to Man City raised a few eyebrows, but it’s been a move that has benefited both parties.

“Aside from his equaliser against his old club, the deal has not really hampered Chelsea and it has certainly helped City.

“Who wouldn’t want the greatest goalscoring midfielder in Premier League history in their squad?

“After scoring at Southampton he now has 174 PL goals — one behind Thierry Henry. That is an incredible record.

“No doubt he’s looking forward to his American adventure but right now he will be focused on one thing: hunting down Chelsea.

“He’ll say all the right things in public but make no mistake, Frank is a winner. He’d love nothing more than to help City beat Chelsea to the title.”

For any match going blues, just take the chance to watch Frank for 5 minutes or so. Both when we have the ball and when we don't. You will then understand just why he is such a great player and has been able to score so many goals. His wisdom on the pitch is what sets him apart. He sees danger from the opposition and tracks runners, and his knowledge of that side leads to him knowing how and where to run when attacking, in order to cause problems.

I think his decision making has actually improved. He can't do the box to box role anymore but against Bayern we saw how he can help the team flow. He kept the ball and passed backwards when we had a bit of pressure and he played the outball to Navas or Aguero when Bayern's defence was towards the halfway line. He also supported Aguero by not playing too far away from him so that Kun wasn't isolated and had someone to pick passes up from and to play intricate 1-2s with.

Have always rated Frank incredibly highly and would love for him to stay all season. Hopefully he can come back and coach once his stint in the US is over. Him and Vieira at the club would be incredible. He's a true professional and a credit to the football club.

Watch Lampard's head when he's not in possession of the ball, looking round, looking round, looking round, making sure he has an updated image of every situation before the ball comes to him.

Class act, who is really suited, at this age, to the free type role Pellegrini has given him. Probably would have been an even better player in a more fluid team like City, than at Chelsea.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.