Player topic: Frank Lampard (2014/15)

Re: Frank Lampard (staying until end of season confirmed P11

moomba said:
aguero93:20 said:
moomba said:
I do think if we had originally announced that MCFC had signed Lampard for the season, and that he would move to NYCFC after that, it wouldn't be an issue at all.

They'd just be throwing tantrums over the jersey then.

Maybe.

I don't have a problem with supporters being able to criticise decisions of the club, much better than sit down, shut up and accept whatever is thrown at them. I've seen enough outrage after our own kit releases to know that it's not just a NYCFC thing.

It's the criticism of our club, management and fans that bothers me mate.

Just imagine we loan Negredo to Valencia until December and he scores for fun in Spain. We need him back and the loanperiod has ended, yet Valencia (who in this imaginational picture have the same owners as us) gets to decide he stays for another 6 months in Spain. I think Daily Mail or any other tabloid would have spent a few pages on that one.

It's just a matter of how we would have been reacting if WE were living in NY and started to support NYC from the moment it was a certainty the club would start in the MLS with Lampard and Villa in their line-up. We can't judge for them as we are not in their position. Simple.

Lampard has been doing well for us (when he comes on, not when started) and only that fact has formed our opinion in trying to defend the final descision. I'm happy he stays, but I would not have bothered too much and would have understand if he had returned to NYC last week.

Talking about us being bigger and talking about history makes us no better than any of the rags and scousers saying the same stuff about us.

aguero93:20 said:
It's the criticism of our club, management and fans that bothers me mate.

The spats and insults between two sets of supporters are a bit pathetic.

If we make decisions that aren't in the best interests of their club I expect us to get criticised. In this case I think criticism is justified.

In time I suspect there will be a bit more acceptance that the whole relationship is a positive thing for all the clubs in the group. But CFG is yet to earn the faith of supporters of the other clubs as they have with us.

I can understand NYCFC supporters being a bit miffed but it's the levels of outrage which is just fucking ridiculous, all things considered.

Rolee said:
I can understand NYCFC supporters being a bit miffed but it's the levels of outrage which is just fucking ridiculous, all things considered.
Americans over reacting who would of thought it, expect Enola Gaye to be circling Manchester within the week.

Over reaction on football forums is nothing new.

We had a thread here devoted to getting rid of the "Spanish two" not that long ago that made NYCFC supporters outrage look like a picnic.

I wonder who made the decision to extend?
City have no power to dictate policy at other CFG owned clubs.

Maybe CFG is only used as a financial taxation device and the two clubs agreed the policy between themselves.
Alternatively perhaps they both put forward arguments and CFG made the decision.

Maybe our owner decided ?

If this fiesta of bitterness against Manchester City club continues to happen from NYFC fans and the rags sympathiser, I would like to see Abu Dhabi Group to find a way to pull out of this NYFC project. Let us see, may be the rags or someone else will build them a new stadium and fund their project, so they can compete at the highest level!!.

Okay maybe I'm overreacting this situation but, I hope that someone from the city high management level just only mention that they are re-evaluating the NYFC project and we will see how things change.

agueroooo Stupendous! said:
If this fiesta of bitterness against Manchester City club continues to happen from NYFC fans and the rags sympathiser, I would like to see Abu Dhabi Group to find a way to pull out of this NYFC project. Let us see, may be the rags or someone else will build them a new stadium and fund their project, so they can compete at the highest level!!.

Okay maybe I'm overreacting this situation but, I hope that someone from the city high management level just only mention that they are re-evaluating the NYFC project and we will see how things change.
Do you, by any chance, work in the field of corporate strategy?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.