Player Topic: Georgi Kinkladze (1995-98)

13716172_893543747416379_7948802051161743333_n.jpg

23 years ago today. Thank you Gio for making me City fan

Still my all time favourite player. Sacrificed his own career and financially to help the club when we were relegated and that is not something many footballers would do.

Always be a legend in my eyes.

Great skill but who bought him after we were relegated?

No one! Ended up at Ajax and then Derby County after we were relegated again.

Had some great moments but want missing a hell of a lot.

Agreed....!!!!!!!! still remember those years when we were so shit.....

Ajax where still one of the biggest clubs in Europe when he signed for them(having won the European Cup and Super Cups while Kinklaze was at City), that being said the issue was always how you turned the guys undoubted skill into overall impact it was clearly beyond any of our managers talents(then again he played under Ball for a good chunk of that and Ball would have made Silva look crap).

For myself having watched him alot at the time I think people got blinded by the guys skill, I think you could justifiably say that he was the most skilful player we have had in 30 years, but he was also lucky to get in the teams he did and today he wouldn't even get in our champions league squad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.