Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

Re: Jesus Navas, good but.....

mosssideblue said:
BigOscar said:
Suffers a lot from being too much faster than our other players(and our players not showing much urgency to get in the box). If he ever does charge out from a break, he invariably ends up having to slow down to wait for teamates to catch up, very rarely is there anyone in the box for him to cross it to even if he was to beat his man down the line. Very good at low crosses, pretty poor at aerial crosses.

There aren't many natural wingers like him anymore who go down the line and cross the ball and his ability to play the ball neatly and keep possession puts him a notch or two above most of them. Out of right footed, conventional right wingers, I'd have him in the top 5, which isn't too shabby for a £15m squad rotation player.

Fully agree. We would all rip into him he he bombed down the line and constantly crossed to an empty box. Until players can keep up with him, his options are limited.

Exactly, he averages a goal or assist every 2.15 or something matches he plays for us. For a squad player that's really good. He keeps the ball 9/10 times, if he were to bomb it down the wing and lose the ball or cross to no one every 7/10 times people would slate him for that.

Mister Appointment said:
Shaelumstash said:
I remember being derided on here before we signed him for saying he's the Spanish Aaron Lennon.

He's a much better player than Lennon has ever been. Better dribbler, better passer, better crosser, better finisher, better defensively, better technically.

I understand what the OP is getting at but I suspect he's been told to only go for the byline/cross either in a counter attack, or once it seems the middle is totally blocked. This basically means 9 times out of 10 it's about keeping possession.

I would dispute all of that, bar the better passer bit. He's certainly not a better dribbler, as neither of them has any dribbling ability whatsoever, none, nada, nichts!

navas is a great alternative to have , my only criticism is his final ball could be better , he is a grafter , and would walk into most sides , hes been an excellent signing

Exeter Blue I am here said:
Mister Appointment said:
Shaelumstash said:
I remember being derided on here before we signed him for saying he's the Spanish Aaron Lennon.

He's a much better player than Lennon has ever been. Better dribbler, better passer, better crosser, better finisher, better defensively, better technically.

I understand what the OP is getting at but I suspect he's been told to only go for the byline/cross either in a counter attack, or once it seems the middle is totally blocked. This basically means 9 times out of 10 it's about keeping possession.

I would dispute all of that, bar the better passer bit. He's certainly not a better dribbler, as neither of them has any dribbling ability whatsoever, none, nada, nichts!

I agree he's probably a better player than Lennon, but they are definitely in the same mould.

Shaelumstash said:
Exeter Blue I am here said:
Mister Appointment said:

I agree he's probably a better player than Lennon, but they are definitely in the same mould.

Well they are both fast right wingers ;)

No seriously, I'm surprised that you don't see more quality in Jesus (same for Exeter). For me he may not be in the world class mould but he's certainly much better than the vast majority of wingers in the league. Jimmy's in a good moment right now but we shouldn't underestimate Navas's importance to the squad.

Navas helped Spain win the WC and European Championships ffs. Aaron Lennon, bloody hell

Fringe squad player at best, he did very little today against West. Ham, very little indeed.

He just can't beat a man, which is what his primary function should be out there on the wing.

FromPollockToSilva said:
BigJoe#1 said:
Fringe squad player at best, he did very little today against West. Ham, very little indeed.

He just can't beat a man, which is what his primary function should be out there on the wing.

Put the ball on a plate for Aguero who fucked it up royally. Not Navas's fault.

hid did indeed play Aguero in nicely for that but he really contributed very little else and has a disappointing game

FromPollockToSilva said:
BigJoe#1 said:

Put the ball on a plate for Aguero who fucked it up royally. Not Navas's fault.

Correct but on the whole had a very poor game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.