Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

The last five posts from NevKnev down says it all.
I like Navas - he puts in a shift - and I do not understand either why people slag him off.

Navas should link up well with Bony. He linked up excellently with our last powerful striker, Negredo.

Neville Kneville said:
I think he's been an absolutely brilliant signing, & with Negredo & Fernandinho, gave us the jump start we needed to be Champions last season. All three made an immense difference to the half arsed way we finished the previous season.

He has carried that on this season, but lacked both energetic support, & especially lacked Negredo. But he's still getting more assists than most & putting more balls into the six yard box, which should be scored from, than most, & working his nuts off when we lose the ball.

Navas isn't any kind of problem for City. He does exactly what it says on the tin & is well worh his place in the squad. If the rest did, we'd be top of the league.

Great player to have around.

Agreed mate

Neville Kneville said:
I think he's been an absolutely brilliant signing, & with Negredo & Fernandinho, gave us the jump start we needed to be Champions last season. All three made an immense difference to the half arsed way we finished the previous season.

He has carried that on this season, but lacked both energetic support, & especially lacked Negredo. But he's still getting more assists than most & putting more balls into the six yard box, which should be scored from, than most, & working his nuts off when we lose the ball.

Navas isn't any kind of problem for City. He does exactly what it says on the tin & is well worh his place in the squad. If the rest did, we'd be top of the league.

Great player to have around.

BigOscar said:
Honestly think he's been one of our most consistent players this year. No idea why he gets slagged off. Constantly offers a threat, rarely gives it away cheaply, does his bit defensively and never lets us down. For £15m he was an absolute bargain, it just seems that some people expect him to be Arjen Robben or to somehow pick out crosses every time, regardless of whether we have anyone in the box.

Both of these. For 15m he's been little short of outstanding. Should be somewhere near the very back of the queue for anyone looking for a scapegoat this season.

I have no idea where all the hate for Jesus comes from. When fit, he's in MY starting 11 for almost every game. Offers so much more than both Milner & Nasri in both an attacking and defensive sense (IMO). As others have said previously, he's a steal at £16 million.

.A. said:
General consensus spreads like Ebola on this forum.

Natural ebb and flow of the player threads.

Frustrated poster picks whipping boy, those who agree chime in, those who disagree are less inclined to start an argument and maintain a dignified silence.

Poster frustrated by original poster's indiscriminate tongue lashings calls "bollocks", those who disagreed with the original post chime in and so on ad infinitum.

I always wonder whether anyone ever changes sides as a result of these discussions/arguments or whether it's just a safety valve to let off steam.

Don't normally bother opening these threads because of all the negative bollocks. Quite nice to see navas getting some love. I might try the kolorov thread next.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.