Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

I think he gets a rough deal on here and in the media. We dont play with a target man and so any crosses need a be hard and low. In which case a fair percentage are likely to be blocked. Well played today Jesus!

Set the goal up and had a good game but imagine him with a consistent final ball.

Good player but not good enough for the very top im afraid.

I wish all our players had this lads attitude - he's only small in stature.

Motm candidate alongside Mangala.

blueinsa said:
Set the goal up and had a good game but imagine him with a consistent final ball.

This.

And by final ball, I'm not talking about crosses from the wing being blocked by the first defenders. Twice he should have played Aguero and Nasri in on goal with simple run of the mill balls but he put too much on them on both occasions.

Shame really as his work rate and attitude are fantastic.

blueinsa said:

He was never intended as such,another player brought in to do a job with FFP in mind - and I think he's done it just fine.

I feel for this this lad, he gives 100% every game, creates chances for other players and scores the odd goal. ALL wingers are frustrating but the amount of chances he created for other players today who fluffed it or dawdled on the ball but it is Navas who gets the stick. He can never win. People focus on the blocked crosses rather than Aguero getting the ball stuck under his feet, Silva passing rather than shooting or Yaya poncing around in the 18 yard box. He played well today and is not "wank".

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.