Player topic: Jesus Navas (2014/15)

He is useless, get rid. Had loads of chances to make the grade and he rarely if ever takes it. Thanks but your time is up.

So if Navas beats someone then looks up to find one 5'7 City player in the box and 6 6ft defenders then what?

The problem isn't that Navas can't cross, it's that as a whole team we can't play a crossing game.

NQCitizen said:
So if Navas beats someone then looks up to find one 5'7 City player in the box and 6 6ft defenders then what?

The problem isn't that Navas can't cross, it's that as a whole team we can't play a crossing game.
There's your problem. I cant fathom this concept. Do you mean gain a yard and hit it at the first man?

Paulmcfc2703 said:
NQCitizen said:

There's your problem. I cant fathom this concept. Do you mean gain a yard and hit it at the first man?
That's my point.

What is everyone hoping to achieve with Navas beating the man?

NQCitizen said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
NQCitizen said:

That's my point.

What I'm saying is that doesn't matter because Navas cannot beat a man in the first place. We will never find out what he does with it

Paulmcfc2703 said:
NQCitizen said:
Paulmcfc2703 said:
That's my point.

What I'm saying is that doesn't matter because Navas cannot beat a man in the first place. We will never find out what he does with it
Seems a bit of a cop out. Wingers beat a man and cross it or cut in and create and our current tactics don't really offer a platform for either.

It's no coincidence that Kolarov and Navas are suddenly slated despite being really productive outlets last year.

We either score passing moves through the centre or long shots or we just don't score.

Seeing how Hazard finished when one on one with DeGea shows the difference - if we had scored a second when Navas was clean through last week who knows? Jesus always hits the ball too hard rather than slide it past an onrushing keeper. Not that you can compare him directly with a player worth 40 million plus but it shows the fine margins and why Chelsea - who I think have not exactly played well in many games - will win the league.

Mr HJ said:
Seeing how Hazard finished when one on one with DeGea shows the difference - if we had scored a second when Navas was clean through last week who knows? Jesus always hits the ball too hard rather than slide it past an onrushing keeper. Not that you can compare him directly with a player worth 40 million plus but it shows the fine margins and why Chelsea - who I think have not exactly played well in many games - will win the league.
It's not fair to compare Navas to Hazard. The price paid for Navas was for a squad player which we have gotten. If we want world class players, we need to pay the price... something we've failed to do for the past few seasons.

nathan2331 said:
Mr HJ said:
It's not fair to compare Navas to Hazard. The price paid for Navas was for a squad player which we have gotten. If we want world class players, we need to pay the price... something we've failed to do for the past few seasons.
Some of our fans have silly expectations of a squad player. Comparing Navas to the likely player of the season? That just sounds silly.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.