Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
decent winger with pace and great work rate. he's no ronaldo, bale, robben or ribbery.. but still a good player.

Special mention to the lad. He was great yesterday. Anyone who thinks he can't put a cross in should go back and watch the game again‎
there are a lot of myths on bluemoon,someone says something and the sheep baaaaaaa.

joe hart cant save to the left
we need a lb
navas doesn't possess quality.

ect ect .

Worked his nuts off and was a genuine threat in the first half. Second half I thought the factors that hold him back came into play, he seemed to be hitting brick walls. Nonetheless he showed his worth, you've got to love him.

Mmmm one half decent game doesn't cover up his normal performance. A winger that rarely beats his man and can't cross. Mystifying why we persist with him.
Because he provides a good outlet when we're under pressure and does an excellent defensive job. We looked a lot more exposed down our right when he went off. I agree that he doesn't do anything spectacular and I think we'd all like to see more end product from him but he'll do the job that Milner used to, in terms of providing some solidity on that right flank.

He was excellent in the first half. As much as we can give credit to Silva and Navas for their early performances this season it's all because of one player... that's Raheem Sterling.

Chelsea's shape was aimed at stopping Sterling and Kolarov from being effective. We all assumed Ramires would sit alongside Matic but instead he was used wider to help assist Ivanovic. It's a sign of things to come... teams look at Sterling and see the threat he can pose and try to stop him. All that does is leave Silva and our other players with room to exploit.

Navas isn't the best player in the world but he's quick, works tirelessly and he got so many good crosses in during the first half. The amount of cut backs was ridiculous and we should have scored more of those chances.

If we are able to add De Bruyne then it is an improvement. The opposition have to decide who they try to stop... Silva? Aguero? De Bruyne? Sterling? If they manage that there is still Fernandinho and Yaya to pick up, and our full backs adding support.

if you're going to be playing counter attacking football navas is a much better option than nasri, but if you want to play tight and keep possession then nasri is far better option for his technical ability

Works very hard, put in some very telling balls yesterday. His crossing was often and rightly critisised last season, but he was always crossing in to a box with 6 defenders and two attackers, not great odds.
Due to Sterling and the change of shape, he now faces better odds of finding his man.
He's not far off perfect for the way we are playing. I think De Bruyne will improve on Navas's goals/assists out put but he'll have to play at his very best to dislodge Navas, he gives a lot to shape and balance along with a huge hunger to defend.

If he was called James Milner he'd be loved a lot more. Him and Sagna made Hazard look very very average.

if you're going to be playing counter attacking football navas is a much better option than nasri, but if you want to play tight and keep possession then nasri is far better option for his technical ability

Not sure I agree with that - Navas seems to rarely loses the ball. Technically he's very good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.