Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navas has been playing well but sadly his finishing is his weakest part of his game. Especially as he ends on 1 on 1 quite a lot due to his explosive pace.

People are gonna slate him for not finishing that chance but I thought once it broke to him everton players got back into position well to cut off any other options and he found himself in a position where he had to shoot and Howard had already closed the angle. Don't get me wrong I can see de bruyne upgrades on him big time but navas remains a very useful player and I thought he was one of our best players in that first half today.

People are gonna slate him for not finishing that chance but I thought once it broke to him everton players got back into position well to cut off any other options and he found himself in a position where he had to shoot and Howard had already closed the angle. Don't get me wrong I can see de bruyne upgrades on him big time but navas remains a very useful player and I thought he was one of our best players in that first half today.

Well that's not true. Not to jump on Navas but when you have a striker who scored 26 goals last season unmarked and 6 yards from goal you pass it to him you don't go for glory yourself especially if you yourself are shit in front of goal. Besides that he played well but that had me pulling my hair out.

There was a moment where Kun was wide open for a pass on the chance he delayed for an eternity on and took the shot himself. Better players do the right thing there.

Other than that he was good again.

The final pass or shot lets him down. Still he will be great to bring on as a fresh sub in the second half.

It seems to me he has lost all confidence in front of goal.

Thinking back to his first season when he scored half a dozen smashing goals, now he looks a different player, visibly torn between passing and shooting, choosing the wrong decision or the delay costing him his opportunity.

If Navas was a goal threat today, than Martinez would have changed his team around or made substitutions to deal with him because the amount of times he bombed down the right was ridiculous. Instead he allowed him free reign down that right hand side and focused on keeping the defenders on Aguero and silva, knowing that Navas scoring against you is going to be pretty unlikely.

He was fantastic everywhere but inside the box, I just really hope he nets a goal and gets some confidence back before KDB comes because Navas with a bit of a goal threat or final pass coming off the bench would terrify teams. Navas with today's end product will be uncomfortable (no on is going to enjoy seeing him running in behind defences and getting so much time and space) but ultimately harmless.

Brilliant today except for the fact that he freaks out when there's no option but to strike the ball. Still a very good performance.

He had the highest number of shots last season with the least goals (or summit like that) - looked like he had his head up today before his usual blind crosses so fair play for that akthough he was up against his easiest challenge of the season vs two very rookie left backs

If this lad could finish then he'd be up there, still has been fantastic so far this season, the balance of the side atm is great, I wonder how KDB would affect it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.