Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Navas is limited, however must be frustrating that everytime he's on the byline and looks up to put a cross into the box, there is normally one City shirt to try and seek out amidst a sea of about 6 or 7 oppposition players.
Hmmm I don't see what seeing blue shirts in the box has to do with it. Every Navas cross either hits the first defender (90%) or ends up in row Z of the stand on the far side (10%).

A simple lesson in football is.... let the ball do the work, don't run around like a headless chicken and waste energy.

Navas, and some on here would do well to understand this simple filofoshee (as a legendary Dutch coach might say)!

Stood by him when others were giving him grief and think he works better when Zabba is in the team. But why he didn't fucking pull the trigger last night when he had the chance.

I am a bit of a Navas hater (although I admitted when he had that nice run of form for about a month earlier this season), but he actually has 11 assists in the league over the last 2 seasons.

The most unfathomable thing for me is being reminded that he scored 4 his first season with City. How the fuck did that happen? It feels like an eternity ago -- I can't remember a single one of them.

maybe its 3 this year? i heard 3 some where might have missed context....the main problem is he starts and cant score end of story

I am as frustrated as the next man when it comes to his complete inability to score and have never been a huge fan.

That said, before the Arsenal game I saw the stats rolled out regarding City with and without Kompany this season. 2.5 points per game against 1.5 and 1 goal conceded against 16 and it got me thinking. What would the same stats look like when playing with or without Navas. For all his faults it seems our performances are better with natural wide men and Silva as a 10. Against Arsenal the difference was immediately clear when he came on. (I realise Silva went off but the point stands, I think.)
Is it Navas in particular or merely a case of actually playing players in the correct position. Maybe a little of both but Silva out wide is a crime IMHO. When we bought De Bruyne I assumed we were looking at a Navas type, quick direct wide who could also shoot and even score! However I only see Pellers trying to shoe horn the 11 best players into the starting 11. May mean sacrificing Yaya but what happened to 2 holding 2 wide Silva at 10 and Aguero up top? I know it's a bit prehistoric but under Pellers it seems to have yielded the best results.

If there are any statos out there that can do a Navas in/out comparison I would be intrigued.

Simply he has been our best player bar Joe this season and nearly every time we have played good football or recovered a game he has been a very big part. Not only out hardest working player but the one who creates the most space for others

Simply he has been our best player bar Joe this season and nearly every time we have played good football or recovered a game he has been a very big part. Not only out hardest working player but the one who creates the most space for others

Correct. If he could score and assist more, he'd be worth a fortune.

I am as frustrated as the next man when it comes to his complete inability to score and have never been a huge fan.

That said, before the Arsenal game I saw the stats rolled out regarding City with and without Kompany this season. 2.5 points per game against 1.5 and 1 goal conceded against 16 and it got me thinking. What would the same stats look like when playing with or without Navas. For all his faults it seems our performances are better with natural wide men and Silva as a 10. Against Arsenal the difference was immediately clear when he came on. (I realise Silva went off but the point stands, I think.)
Is it Navas in particular or merely a case of actually playing players in the correct position. Maybe a little of both but Silva out wide is a crime IMHO. When we bought De Bruyne I assumed we were looking at a Navas type, quick direct wide who could also shoot and even score! However I only see Pellers trying to shoe horn the 11 best players into the starting 11. May mean sacrificing Yaya but what happened to 2 holding 2 wide Silva at 10 and Aguero up top? I know it's a bit prehistoric but under Pellers it seems to have yielded the best results.

If there are any statos out there that can do a Navas in/out comparison I would be intrigued.

He's started 10 PL games, won 8 lost 2

Unfortunately though a winger who shits himself when through on goal isn't a good sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.