Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anyone tell me what he contributes, not one to start bashing players usually but he's absolutely awful. What's the point having a winger who can't cross?

I quiet like him. And I think anyone who is better will want more game time.
He comes on when legs are tired and runs at defenders - granted he often runs into corridors but he's not a bad creator given his position in the pecking order.

He's made the Daily Telegraph Worst 11 team. Any chance we can off load him in January and bring in an effective winger. My mate's Jack Russell gets the ball higher and further than him.
He tries god love him but its embarrassing to watch him constantly check back or knock it into a defenders shins...

I quiet like him. And I think anyone who is better will want more game time.
He comes on when legs are tired and runs at defenders - granted he often runs into corridors but he's not a bad creator given his position in the pecking order.

I personally think hes a pointless player who offers almost nothing that a youngster such as roberts can't offer

Navas should be converted to a Right Back.

With his pace he could seriously be awesome. He would also add additional pace always at the back for teams that play counter attack against us. His positives a great control, running with the ball and superb pace. With some specific training on jockeying and tackling he could be seriously good.

A winger he is not as his limitations are his crossing and shooting.

His crossing can be mitigated slightly by having to cross to Aguero as a sole striker, who is flat footed and no threat in the air.

His shooting cannot be excused and is shocking.

We can all see his limitations, his finishing is dire and final ball can be wasteful, but as an asset for the team he would be a starter for me. He does what I want to see Sterling do, push the opposition defence back by getting to the byline. It opens the space between defence and midfield which allows our creative players some freedom. Great cross from Sagna for the winning goal tonight and he was fed the ball from Navas after a direct run towards their defence and a neat lay off. Im not a Navas fanboy but some of the criticism s harsh; he's no Steve Kinsey but he does make things happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.