Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he has been excellent so far this season. With him, sterling and aguero running at the opposition it is causing all sorts of problems. Sure Navas isn't the greatest in the final third but his link up play is invaluable and his speed is freeing up space for other players like silva and yaya. If he could add a good finish to his game he would be unbelievably good.

He works as hard as anyone. He had a brilliant first half but indecisiion in the final pass showed in second half. He is a very valuable asset to the team though as he and Raheem stretch play so well leaving more space for Silva, Sergio and Yaya.

How anyone can rate Navas is beyond me. I'm still waiting to see this speedy winger who can cross a ball. Today Aguero was pleading for the ball unmarked in the area. What does that plonker do. Stand there shitting himself then hits it straight at the keeper. Did exactly the same at the swamp last season. In 68 prem games (inc sub) he has scored 4 goals. I expect more than that from a winger.

If we're successful in bringing in KDB, Navas won't play as much. He is nice in games like these because he defends diligently.

But yeah his end product was questionable. We can afford it with players like Silva and Toure.

Navas can never be faulted for effort but his end product is a mile away from the standard we require.

There will be games this season where an Aguero, Silva fail to produce and we will need other players to stand up and create or score.

With Navas you sadly cannot see this happening. Today he faced a couple of kids and still struggled to influence the game offensively. His crosses were generally blocked or failed to beat the first man. His finishing is just appalling and sadly today was not a one off. Yes he works hard but that should be the minimum requirement. Seems a decent bloke but you can fully understand the clubs desperation to strengthen this position.

If we're successful in bringing in KDB, Navas won't play as much. He is nice in games like these because he defends diligently.

With KDB on board,he will also offer a better option than Nasri from the bench - he gives the team a far better balance and shape,and we look far less vulnerable to counter attack imo.

Navas can never be faulted for effort but his end product is a mile away from the standard we require.

There will be games this season where an Aguero, Silva fail to produce and we will need other players to stand up and create or score.

With Navas you sadly cannot see this happening. Today he faced a couple of kids and still struggled to influence the game offensively. His crosses were generally blocked or failed to beat the first man. His finishing is just appalling and sadly today was not a one off. Yes he works hard but that should be the minimum requirement. Seems a decent bloke but you can fully understand the clubs desperation to strengthen this position.
He was very good in first half and arguably Sergio should have done more from the chances he created. Agreed in second half he froze a bit. Dont undersatnd why. Still a valuable member of the squad and for a long time in the game he was more effective that Raheem.

As I have said before Navas is a horses for courses type player he has speed, directness and offers us natural width which I think we lack at times. He is an incredibly useful squad player and should be keep until he wants to leave.

He was very good in first half and arguably Sergio should have done more from the chances he created. Agreed in second half he froze a bit. Dont undersatnd why. Still a valuable member of the squad and for a long time in the game he was more effective that Raheem.

I think he did ok in the first half. Yes Sergio missed a few chances but we both know he takes more than he misses and produces the goods more often than not.

The misses today were reminiscent of the Mcr Derby or a number of other games last year. You cannot afford to keep missing them time after time.

The comparison with Sterling is an interesting one. Navas was up against a bunch of kids not an experienced fullback and still failed to deliver repeatedly. Sterling I agree did not set the game on fire (still provide two wonderful chances for Kolorov and silva) but last season he managed 12 goals, Im not sure Navas got one.

Last edited:
A fantastic squad player,very unselfish and very industrious,much like Silva in his desire - his strength comes from his heart.For the price we paid,we got a bargain.

Have to agree. An important part of the squad. His willingness and ability to run for 90 mins is invaluable. Little fella with a big heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.