Player Topic: Jesus Navas (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree partly. He is hard working & tracks back but for the pace he has he doesn't beat defenders enough to get goal side. His final ball is not good enough also.

I feel that's more a product of our slow play in general last season, where he was asked to pick out Aguero in a packed box.

In 13/14 when we were attacking quickly on the break, he supplied some wonderful passes and crosses which lead to goals for Negredo and Aguero.

He just doesn't have the qualities to play against a deep back 4 with 10 men in the box. With the players we're supposedly bringing in, Pellegrini will be able to pick him only for games that suit him and he'll look a better player.

Great player on the counter, great work rate, fast as a whippet, decision making on his final ball often seems poor & doesn't shoot enough

But Navas and Sterling provides the same thing, except Sterling is younger and have a better overall end-product. Not room enough for both if we are getting De Bruyne too, and keep Nasri.
I'm not a great fan of Navas, or Sagna, but we can't have a 25 man squad full of prima donnas, who are all going to sulk like f*ck, and create a bad atmosphere, every time they're left out. (Dzeko)

You have to have 5 or 6 players in your squad that aren't quite perhaps top draw, but are willing to flit in and out of the team, without making too much fuss, but who'll do a job to the the best of their ability, whenever they're asked.

I think Navas is sorely underrated on here. He gets a huge amount of undeserved stick. Yes he can be frustrating, but he works hard, puts in some dangerous balls and is always willing to track back and help out in defence. He is a great asset to the squad.
I Agree with this,there were times when zabba was out on his feet last season and Jesus did a lot of donkey work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.