Player Topic: Kelechi Iheanacho (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Called up to Nigeria's first team squad for their upcoming WC qualifiers.

Please footballing Gods, not another international injury.

Chuffed for the lad, his career should start taking some exciting shape now. Coming through with us and being recognised internationally. It will mean a lot to him and he will be on cloud 9.

As I said before, his insane finishing might make you think he's a #9, but his vision and creativity is just on a different level. Glad that Pelle sees that. Got a late call up to the national team.

Just a quick stat: 133 minutes of playing time - 3 goals and 2 assists... That's a goal or assist every 27 minutes... That's Messi in his prime stat level... He can't keep this stat up, can he?

(p.s. Yes, I know. One of the goals didn't count... but it should have.)

Without wanting to do a disservice to Nigeria/Africa and its football, it's astonishing how good he has become after playing in amateur and youth football in Nigeria.

He must have stood out like a sore thumb in his last few years, either that or that academy of his is an absolute hotbed of talent.

I wonder how much of a difference playing in Europe from a young age (early teens say) at top standard academies, would have made to his ability?

From what I have seen he looks good, however lets give him a bit more time and let the club manage him in the right way i.e he should not be thrown in at the deep end with all the added pressure of expectation I trust the clubs judgement on this, he will get a start in the Prem when they feel it is the right time for him to do so

I agree with this. I wanted him to get the start ahead of Bony but, imo, that's not going to be good for Bony's confidence and he seems a player we need to be confident at the minute as with confidence although he's no Kun he can and will still score goals. But more importantly we can actually slowly introduce Ihenchao and get the best from him.

Do we realistically think he will start on Saturday? I hope he does and i think he deserves to after his performance against Palace. Thinking of going for a long shot and putting him in my dream team!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.