Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasted out on the left. Hope he plays behind Nacho against seville with Navas and Sterling out wide.

Roberts is literally a million miles behind KDB in his development and is a totally different player to KDB too.

I think he's probably played a little more then he are Pellegrini would've liked due to the little niggles that Raheem and Nasri have had. His stats come the end of the season will be off the charts.

I suspect he is suffering to a degree from fatigue but he has had 2 or 3 below par performances; albeit that he has still manged some crucial contributions in those games, like his assist yesterday.

I don't think it is all down to tired legs though. He has cocked up a few simple passes of the kind that a player of his talent should rarely get wrong. In addition to all the clever stuff, truly great players get the basics right time after time after time... Don't know if he gets a bit complacent - game might be almost too easy for him - or loses concentration but he needs to work on it. He is still a relatively young inexperienced player and greater consistency tends to come with greater experience.

I don't agree with the view that he is wasted out wide but I do think that a free role behind the striker will be what makes best use of him. However, City also have David Silva and need to find a way to play them both together to best effect.

I suspect he is suffering to a degree from fatigue but he has had 2 or 3 below par performances; albeit that he has still manged some crucial contributions in those games, like his assist yesterday.

I don't think it is all down to tired legs though. He has cocked up a few simple passes of the kind that a player of his talent should rarely get wrong. In addition to all the clever stuff, truly great players get the basics right time after time after time... Don't know if he gets a bit complacent - game might be almost too easy for him - or loses concentration but he needs to work on it. He is still a relatively young inexperienced player and greater consistency tends to come with greater experience.

I don't agree with the view that he is wasted out wide but I do think that a free role behind the striker will be what makes best use of him. However, City also have David Silva and need to find a way to play them both together to best effect.

He's always had the capacity to fuck up the simple. In terms of where he plays, doesn't really bother me if he plays wide or centrally even if I think his best position is central. HIs ability to effect a match in a positive manner no matter where he plays is pretty remarkable. For all the goals/assists he's gotten, he's also missed some easy chances and also set up some sitters only for our strikers to not finish them.

I still think overall he's going to be a more important player than Silva both this season and in the seasons to come. Probably the one thing which reinforces that for me is that Silva, when he's anonymous or when he struggles in a match, tends to let his head drop and the match peters out for him. KDB has that ice cold mentality where he just keeps running and keeps trying to effect things. He's also physically more robust that DS. That's not a slight on Merlin btw, I just have that inkling that we will see in KDB a player who may not be as aesthetically a pleasing footballer in the play he creates, but one who is regularly much more effective in terms of end product.

The options we have when everyone is fit gives me great hope for the Champions League this season.

He's always had the capacity to fuck up the simple. In terms of where he plays, doesn't really bother me if he plays wide or centrally even if I think his best position is central. HIs ability to effect a match in a positive manner no matter where he plays is pretty remarkable. For all the goals/assists he's gotten, he's also missed some easy chances and also set up some sitters only for our strikers to not finish them.

I still think overall he's going to be a more important player than Silva both this season and in the seasons to come. Probably the one thing which reinforces that for me is that Silva, when he's anonymous or when he struggles in a match, tends to let his head drop and the match peters out for him. KDB has that ice cold mentality where he just keeps running and keeps trying to effect things. He's also physically more robust that DS. That's not a slight on Merlin btw, I just have that inkling that we will see in KDB a player who may not be as aesthetically a pleasing footballer in the play he creates, but one who is regularly much more effective in terms of end product.

The options we have when everyone is fit gives me great hope for the Champions League this season.

I'm really only familiar with him from his time at City (plus the usual YouTube "research"). Not enough for me to be conclusive but I am inclined to agree with you that he will end up being more effective than Silva in terms of his contribution to goals that City score.

Yet another assist, fantastic player.

The club's scouting system really needs praising for bringing this guy in. A lot of Journalists & pundits in the media saying his transfer price was rediculas, but now he's looking good value.

Both kevin de bruyne and sterling have not been at their best playing on the left and personally kolarov is a big reason for that . Kevin played one match with sagna on the left and he was unstoppable.for me kolarov ' positioning is horrible both offensively and defensively . when attacking he is predictable unlike sagna and zabaleta he makes the same runs all the times always the outer channel and in my opinions he takes away the freedom sterling and de bruyne need especially when we counter attack .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.