Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both kevin de bruyne and sterling have not been at their best playing on the left and personally kolarov is a big reason for that . Kevin played one match with sagna on the left and he was unstoppable.for me kolarov ' positioning is horrible both offensively and defensively . when attacking he is predictable unlike sagna and zabaleta he makes the same runs all the times always the outer channel and in my opinions he takes away the freedom sterling and de bruyne need especially when we counter attack .

Yeah i'd agree with that. I think it's also noticeable that Kolarov doesn't seem to have the intuitive game intelligence to make different runs when he's got KDB in front of him. Would be intrigued by the passing stats of Kola > KDB and vice versa as I think it's minimal in comparison to the other side.

Yeah i'd agree with that. I think it's also noticeable that Kolarov doesn't seem to have the intuitive game intelligence to make different runs when he's got KDB in front of him. Would be intrigued by the passing stats of Kola > KDB and vice versa as I think it's minimal in comparison to the other side.

A tad harsh on Kolarov for me that Billy, particularly as regards his playing relationship with Sterling. I was at the Spurs game earlier this season and the number of times Sterling either played the ball right under Kola's feet or massively overhit simple passes so the ball rolled out for a goal kick, was nobody's business. I also remember last season when Zabaleta was struggling for form (by his standards) a fair chunk of the blame was apportioned to Navas for not reading his overlapping runs. Zab admittedly is more comfortable coming inside than Kolarov, but the latter's delivery is an asset to us IMO and it's a hardly a surprise that he makes runs designed to try and incorporate that attribute into our attacking play.

A tad harsh on Kolarov for me that Billy, particularly as regards his playing relationship with Sterling. I was at the Spurs game earlier this season and the number of times Sterling either played the ball right under Kola's feet or massively overhit simple passes so the ball rolled out for a goal kick, was nobody's business. I also remember last season when Zabaleta was struggling for form (by his standards) a fair chunk of the blame was apportioned to Navas for not reading his overlapping runs. Zab admittedly is more comfortable coming inside than Kolarov, but the latter's delivery is an asset to us IMO and it's a hardly a surprise that he makes runs designed to try and incorporate that attribute into our attacking play.

Yeah, unfortunately I just don't rate Kolarov. I think his delivery is overrated, certainly it's consistency is. I find him to be someone who has learned nothing from playing in our side for years. Makes the same brain dead decisions over and over again.

I'm not having the "he looks tired" claims at this stage of the season. He's 24 not 34, he's played probably around 15 games with us and Belgium in the 2 months he's been with us, there's something wrong with his fitness levels if he's looking fatigued after that. He's fine, we simply can't expect him to perform at the levels he has so far every single game for us. He's had a few relatively quiet games in a row now but that's more down to him being more tightly marked as teams have recognised him as our main threat in the absence of Silva and Kun, and even in the quiet games he's looked dangerous.

Yeah, unfortunately I just don't rate Kolarov. I think his delivery is overrated, certainly it's consistency is. I find him to be someone who has learned nothing from playing in our side for years. Makes the same brain dead decisions over and over again.

Kolarov is one of the players that I rate the least and was pretty annoyed with him over the penalty miss. I would point out in his defence though that at the end of the game he was the City player that actually showed some brains and composure and slowed the game down and retained possession when everyone had been panicking - he even got a round of applause for it.

I'm not having the "he looks tired" claims at this stage of the season. He's 24 not 34, he's played probably around 15 games with us and Belgium in the 2 months he's been with us, there's something wrong with his fitness levels if he's looking fatigued after that. He's fine, we simply can't expect him to perform at the levels he has so far every single game for us. He's had a few relatively quiet games in a row now but that's more down to him being more tightly marked as teams have recognised him as our main threat in the absence of Silva and Kun, and even in the quiet games he's looked dangerous.

It's pretty obvious he isn't fine though. He looked shattered coming off midweek and it was a terrible, lethargic performance from him yesterday. What it's down to I don't know but there's no denying he looks jaded

It's pretty obvious he isn't fine though. He looked shattered coming off midweek and it was a terrible, lethargic performance from him yesterday. What it's down to I don't know but there's no denying he looks jaded

Tired, lethargic, and jaded? Haha. He's going to be better than Iniesta and Zidane then once he's rested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.