Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mourinho said he didn't have great stamina?

Think I remember the Wolfsburg fans saying he wasn't a 90 minute player. Given what happened against Sevilla, I'd disagree.

The guy's just had two 'meh' games in a row. Even then, he got an assist yesterday and could have at least had one more if not for Bony's wastefulness, so I really don't see any cause for alarm.

Not based on yesterday's performance he won't (where he looked tired, lethargic and jaded)

So you've said mate. Tired, lethargic, and jaded. Poor kid. I hope he survives and improves before some of our more shithouse supporters turn on him. It's a short step from tired, lethargic, and jaded, to, lazy disinterested twat.

Think I remember the Wolfsburg fans saying he wasn't a 90 minute player. Given what happened against Sevilla, I'd disagree.

The guy's just had two 'meh' games in a row. Even then, he got an assist yesterday and could have at least had one more if not for Bony's wastefulness, so I really don't see any cause for alarm.

He's always had the capacity, certainly for as long as i've watched him, to fuck up the simple. However given his consistency at delivering the killer pass I think that's not such a big deal.

At this level he should always play in the centre. His speed and dribbling are OK at a world class level, but nothing more. His crosses are good, but he excels much more in passes through the middle. You waste a lot of his qualities at the wing. Still he manages to decide games, but that is only because he is a true class player. Would like to see him for 5 games in a row in the centre, people will notice he will play twice this good there.

I hadn't seen anything of him before he signed for us, so I'm only going off what I've seen this season, but his game appears to be built around very quick decisions and first time passes and shots. When things go well, this leads to tons of goal-scoring opportunities and consequently a lot of goals, but if he's a little off, those quick passes tend to go astray and he's reduced to basically giving the ball away a lot.

At this level he should always play in the centre. His speed and dribbling are OK at a world class level, but nothing more. His crosses are good, but he excels much more in passes through the middle. You waste a lot of his qualities at the wing. Still he manages to decide games, but that is only because he is a true class player. Would like to see him for 5 games in a row in the centre, people will notice he will play twice this good there.

It does seem like with Silva out we have wasted the opportunity to play him centrally. He has been brilliant thus far but we probably could have seen even more from him in the No.10 role.

Yep. Anybody else notice that in the first few games for us he was given free licence to roam more or less as he pleased? He created havoc, he didn't confuse his team mates on that score — he's that good that they didn't have to find him, he found them. He appears to have been given instructions to stay out wide, since then, so that's what he does. Result: against United, and to some extent against Norwich, he was being marked bytwo men to the point where he had to beat them just to find some space. It's a mistake. He should definitely be given that licence again.

Last edited:
He's always had the capacity, certainly for as long as i've watched him, to fuck up the simple. However given his consistency at delivering the killer pass I think that's not such a big deal.
I would rather have players who try to make things happen than watch that boring backwards passing that the rags are playing under the turtle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.