Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't seen anything of him before he signed for us, so I'm only going off what I've seen this season, but his game appears to be built around very quick decisions and first time passes and shots. When things go well, this leads to tons of goal-scoring opportunities and consequently a lot of goals, but if he's a little off, those quick passes tend to go astray and he's reduced to basically giving the ball away a lot.

id agree with this, a lot of his potency comes in very quick bursts of outstanding quality, resulting in goals/assists/dangerous build up. His general play around the pitch is actually not very spectacular and he is careless in simple possession. But, as me and a mate were saying, he produces a lot at the business end which is where it matters!

id agree with this, a lot of his potency comes in very quick bursts of outstanding quality, resulting in goals/assists/dangerous build up. His general play around the pitch is actually not very spectacular and he is careless in simple possession. But, as me and a mate were saying, he produces a lot at the business end which is where it matters!

The simple stuff will come with time once he's fully used to the league and the other players. He does play a lot of sloppy passes that should be dead simple, especially when you think about his borderline superhuman through balls. The difference between him and some of the other players in the squad is that it doesn't appear to affect his confidence. He usually ends up immediately trying to win the ball back and then having the self belief to try again.

I hate to offer another Zidane comparison given their different playing styles but he was 24 when he left Bordeaux and struggled for consistency for at least his first season. The fact is that we've seen what Kevin is capable of and the simple stuff will come with time.

I think his biggest issue has been not having aguero in front of him. Bony isn't the type of player who looks to make runs behind the defence, therefore it doesn't bring the most out of KDB.

So you've said mate. Tired, lethargic, and jaded. Poor kid. I hope he survives and improves before some of our more shithouse supporters turn on him. It's a short step from tired, lethargic, and jaded, to, lazy disinterested twat.

Keep your knickers on you soft twat

I think his biggest issue has been not having aguero in front of him. Bony isn't the type of player who looks to make runs behind the defence, therefore it doesn't bring the most out of KDB.

Last season in Wolfsburg, he had Dost and Lord Bendtner in front of him. He still got insane statistics despite having to deal with awful strikers in his team. No big deal for the kid.

Our best signing in the last few years by a country mile. Would have liked to have seen him play in the middle on Saturday though.

Our best signing in the last few years by a country mile. Would have liked to have seen him play in the middle on Saturday though.

I'm not too upset as I think Dave is obviously at his best in the middle, so KDB getting used to playing wider is best for the team IMO.

Not sure if posted before...

2000.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.