Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Being as Dinho is on 5 yellow cards already I think it would be prudent if it were him

I thought he'd gotten his fifth yellow against united and served his ban against crystal palace in the league cup? Could be wrong though.

Either way, i've never really understood the logic of leaving a player out for a game through fear of him getting a yellow and missing a different game. Even if we did that it'd be highly unlikely he'd reach christmas without getting another yellow so the ban would still happen.

It's a tough one to be fair. Without someone like Aguero, Kelechi or Silva on the pitch i think De Bruyne finds it a lot harder. He has a unique talent of basically passing it in his mind before he's even received the ball. And no offence to Bony, his movement is nothing like the others mentioned, so it's much harder for him to pick his pass.... Still, he has the quality to cope with this. But, he is more effective with clever runners....

I think there were probably a combination of reasons as to why he was on the bench yesterday. Fatigue perhaps, a tactical decision to go with pace out wide etc.

I also think it might have had something to do with our lack of attacking options from the bench. Bearing in mind that Barker was never realistically going to get on the pitch, we were down to one attacking/ creative spot on the bench. In those circumstances I think the manager wanted to make sure that he had a game changer available. Particularly one who offered many different positional options. I expect that MP went into the game believing it would be much more likely to be decided in the final 10 mins than the first 10 mins and he wanted someone fresh and threatening available.

It would be impossible for DeBruyne to keep playing. At some point, he would break down.

Now he has had a rest for a game, he will be sharper. Then hopefully he's not required to work too hard during the international break.

Once everyone in the midfield is fit, we should rotate them, & keep it that way. If we keep them fit, we will run away with the title.

A good decision to drop De Bruyne last night. Our whole system was based on pace and power and De Bruyne isn't as direct a threat as Navas and Sterling. Having him on the bench meant we could substitute anyone of about four players that started as well and change our style if needed. When he came on he was threatening and the rest will do him good to continue his rampant form in the league. The trickery and finesse De Bruyne and Silva have will be perfect for home CL games, the pace and power of Navas and Sterling and Yaya in that free midfield role will suit us away from home where teams try to break us down.

Nice to see everyone drawing conclusions out of the game yesterday. I know, that's a forum for. How different would it have been if we'd lost the game. Pertty sure Pellegrini would have had it coming not startng KDB. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.

Nice to see everyone drawing conclusions out of the game yesterday. I know, that's a forum for. How different would it have been if we'd lost the game. Pertty sure Pellegrini would have had it coming not startng KDB. Hindsight is a beautiful thing.
With the options available he needed a rest as he was very poor against Norwich by the standards he's already set

With the options available he needed a rest as he was very poor against Norwich by the standards he's already set

We don't know if KDB needed or needs a rest. A mediocre performance (poor is harsh) does happen to every player. It doesn't mean they need a rest.
As for available options, we hadn't any with Silva and Nasri out. Yaya isn't the standout creative spark.

Like I said it worked out fine. So no complaints, but compliments and rightly so. Thoroughly enjoyed last nights' match and I for one don't care who is starting or subbed if we win our games. And win them "The Pellegrini Method".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.