Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know if KDB needed or needs a rest. A mediocre performance (poor is harsh) does happen to every player. It doesn't mean they need a rest.
As for available options, we hadn't any with Silva and Nasri out. Yaya isn't the standout creative spark.

Like I said it worked out fine. So no complaints, but compliments and rightly so. Thoroughly enjoyed last nights' match and I for one don't care who is starting or subbed if we win our games. And win them "The Pellegrini Method".
We did have options kdb or sterling ,poor was about right for his display against Norwich but that's the trouble when he's set such exceptional standards since he came here

Pellegrini should rotate his players right? Afaik football squads rotate to a degree they choose for themselfs depending on the available players, their quality and need to have match rhytm. Pelegrini obviously has a lot of quality players to manage, espcecially if you consider such a good performance like that of last night withought the presence of certain key players, indicating that there is quality enough on the bench too at any time.

I think Pelligrini knows best, because whenever one of his stars is out of his rhytm either trough fatigue or a little dip he can take the opportunity to give some other players that are wanting for it game time knowing to have more than enouh quality on the bench that should play from time to time, such occasions he probably expects to happen often trough the year.

Another factor for Pelligrini to rest KDB against Seville might have been the tactical consideration that Seville would have expected KDB to be there and might have addapted their tactics for that consideration, which might have been reasonable given how they covered him last game and how he finished that game. I took note that the commentators were suprized that he was sitting on the bench too for somewhat understandable reasons so i guess it was a good suprise.

Interesting theories as to why he was on the bench last night.

I believe the reason he was on the bench was purely caution from Pellegrini. DeBruyne's a risk taker and as such loses possession more than most, I think he was left out of this one to reduce the risk of us getting caught on the break.

I believe he didn't start last night due to the fact he's played a massive amount of games since he's joined.

Sterling was fresh, he was given the start over him, now hopefully he'll be better physically for the weekend.

He was tired and knew he was going to be benched beforehand - and had no problem with it (in the past he's not been thrilled about being benched, but he's matured a lot and understands how things work here). He's very happy in Manchester and moving into a house next week (yes, still living in a hotel).

He was tired and knew he was going to be benched beforehand - and had no problem with it (in the past he's not been thrilled about being benched, but he's matured a lot and understands how things work here). He's very happy in Manchester and moving into a house next week (yes, still living in a hotel).

No wonder he looked tired. Living for more than 2 months in a hotel sucks while you have to achieve at a top sport level regularly. And his girlfriend is pregnant. Once he will be fully installed in his own house it will be easier to get more rest.

How long does it take to find a house for a man without a budget?

Anyway he's played almost every minute since the week he got here. Badly needed a rest before this but didn't get it with so many injured.

Bumped for no reason other than because the De Bruyne thread had slipped below the Dzeko thread - come on! He'll surely be back for Villa? I fancy Yaya might be rested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.