Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already seen something very very special in De Bruyne and he's been here five minutes.
I've seen glimpses of it myself. Nothing that makes me think he's close to Silva but then it seems a few have forgot just how special he is. I'd have thought his absence and our performances without him might have served as a reminder but I guess not.

I've seen glimpses of it myself. Nothing that makes me think he's close to Silva but then it seems a few have forgot just how special he is. I'd have thought his absence and our performances without him might have served as a reminder but I guess not.

Y'know it is possible to think both players are very very special ?

I think DeBruyne is already as good as Silva, but he's different. Both have certain talents & bring a different thing to the table.

Silva wouldn't have been better than DeBruyne in that shambles. People thinking he would run the game in those circumstances are living in a Pellegrini style dream world. He was completely anonymous v Dortmund & has done nothing in any of our bad days in the Champions League. Like DeBruyne, he needs a team to play in. That wasn't a team.

Neither Silva nor DeBruyne can polish a turd, but DeBruyne is the one who is more likely to rescue a goal from a turd, in any game, v anyone.

I think DeBruyne is already as good as Silva, but he's different. Both have certain talents & bring a different thing to the table.

Silva wouldn't have been better than DeBruyne in that shambles. People thinking he would run the game uin those circumstances are living in a Pellegrini style dream world. He was completely anonymous v Dortmund & has done nothing in any of our bad days in the Champions League. Like DeBruyne, he needs a team to play in. That wasn't a team.

Neither Silva nor DeBruyne can polish a turd, but DeBruyne is the one who is more likely to rescue a goal from a turd, in any game, v anyone.
I guess it's just another subject I don't agree with you on.

Perhaps you can educate me by giving a few examples of Silva's outstanding performances against similar teams or when we've been struggling in the Champions League, then maybe we will agree.
What's there to educate you about? You've pointed out games where he's not been great which is fair enough but the Liverpool situation is purely hyperthetical. Do I believe he'd have made a difference on Saturday? Yes, 100%. Had he been available I'm guessing it'd have been at the expense of Sterling or Navas. It would have meant we were narrower in the middle and not left as many gaping holes as we did.
I also believe the lift of having him back would have improved Toures game as he'd have an outlet he could use knowing we could move play forward instead of him having to play backwards and sideways then resorting to Hollywood passes.
I think Liverpool would have been aware of what he brings to the game and had to counter that with a shift in tactics without the ball. I think it would have helped Sterlings and KDBs game having him alongside them.

Like I say though, it's all hyperthetical.

What's there to educate you about? You've pointed out games where he's not been great which is fair enough but the Liverpool situation is purely hyperthetical. Do I believe he'd have made a difference on Saturday? Yes, 100%. Had he been available I'm guessing it'd have been at the expense of Sterling or Navas. It would have meant we were narrower in the middle and not left as many gaping holes as we did.
I also believe the lift of having him back would have improved Toures game as he'd have an outlet he could use knowing we could move play forward instead of him having to play backwards and sideways then resorting to Hollywood passes.
I think Liverpool would have been aware of what he brings to the game and had to counter that with a shift in tactics without the ball. I think it would have helped Sterlings and KDBs game having him alongside them.

Like I say though, it's all hyperthetical.

I forget which game it was now, but we have already had a similar experience this season, with Silva being constantly mugged by a pressing midfield, due to Pellegrini getting it all wrong, & Silva was probably the player who suffered most. These players require the manager to give them the platform to play.

I forget which game it was now, but we have already had a similar experience this season, with Silva being constantly mugged by a pressing midfield, due to Pellegrini getting it all wrong, & Silva was probably the player who suffered most. These players require the manager to give them the platform to play.
Yep, it doesn't matter if you've got all the talent in the world at your disposal - if you don't set up right and send them out without a clear plan, defeat is always a possibility.
I don't want to sound like I'm not a fan of KDB by the way, I fucking love what he's brought to the table so far and like Silva, genuinely get excited when he's on the team sheet because you know the chances are you're going to see something out of the ordinary.
We're very lucky to have both, I just hope they get the opportunity to be on the same pitch more in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.