Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it doesn't matter if you've got all the talent in the world at your disposal - if you don't set up right and send them out without a clear plan, defeat is always a possibility.
I don't want to sound like I'm not a fan of KDB by the way, I fucking love what he's brought to the table so far and like Silva, genuinely get excited when he's on the team sheet because you know the chances are you're going to see something out of the ordinary.
We're very lucky to have both, I just hope they get the opportunity to be on the same pitch more in the future.

I feel that it should normally be two of, Silva DeBruyne Sterling, who normally start a game, not all 3. Then barring injury, all 3 should be fresh as a daisy all season.

I feel that it should normally be two of, Silva DeBruyne Sterling, who normally start a game, not all 3. Then barring injury, all 3 should be fresh as a daisy all season.
I wouldn't disagree with that, fitness permitting the big games should always include Silva and KDB, but there's ample opportunity over the season to mix and match keeping them fresh.

Sterling offers pace the other two don't possess, Navas is the alternative to him.
He does but I'd rather us go Fernandinho with either Fernando or Delph centrally with Silva just ahead. That would leave us four players as in KDB, Yaya, Navas and Sterling for 2 spots. I'd always look to start KDB in the bigger games so then you're left with a straight choice between Navas and Sterling. I'd be looking to phase Toure out in these games because he's becoming a liability. That's not to say there isn't opportunity for him to get minutes. There's an awful lot of football between now and May and the management of the squad is going to be a huge factor in any success we might have.

Last edited:
The best we've looked going forward this season was in the 2nd half against Newcastle when this was our front 4:

Aguero

De Bruyne - Silva - Navas

The best we've looked going forward this season was in the 2nd half against Newcastle when this was our front 4:

Aguero

De Bruyne - Silva - Navas

Then there is also the argument that the team looked absolutely fine without Silva or DeBruyne when we twatted Seville.

The more you think about the possibilities for this squad, the more imo you start to realise how piss poor Pellegrini has been, in this regard, in the fact that we haven't seen most of them. Ok, Delph has been injured, but we have a possible stand in for him in the squad in Kean Bryan imo, who has never had so much of a sniff.

There are so many possible permutations many of which, with a top manager working on them, would be an improvement imo on the typical formation/system Pellegrini puts out.

The one time he tried it, in a key game v Seville, we looked like a Champions League team.

Imagine if he'd been drilling the players top play tactical attacking footbll like that for two & half years, rather than just teaching them to spread out, & play an offside trap (which doesn't work).

Then there is also the argument that the team looked absolutely fine without Silva or DeBruyne when we twatted Seville.

True, that was our best performance in the CL to date by a country mile.

The only problem with that formation is if Yaya is playing further forward like he did away at Sevilla, where do you play Silva and De Bruyne, 2 of the best number 10's in Europe.

I agree, the different permutations of our forward line are frightening with the attacking talent we have (Touré, Nasri, Navas, Sterling, De Bruyne, Silva, Aguero) we just can't seem to keep all of them fit at the same time which is a shame because this squad isn't showing the full extent of what it can really do.

But there was also the game against Sevilla that we were sh*t and KDB got the 3 points for us on his own.

Absolutely.

But even without our 'stars' we can still have a seriously good team when the manager gets it right on the day & perhaps on some occasions pace on the break & workrate throughout the team is a viable option. It's a squad game nowardays & all these blokes are top players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.