Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was not even what i said, i said the wingers/forward players were pressing the opponents defense high up the pitch, thats quite different as saying that the whole team was pressing up.
Mate, watch Bayern counter press and then watch us. You will see a massive difference. We do not play an effective pressing game consistently.

Mate, watch Bayern counter press and then watch us. You will see a massive difference. We do not play an effective pressing game consistently.

We very very rarely press but when we do there is no organisation to it at all. Its just random players trotting up to random people. It's partly why we were picked apart so easily in the first half by monchengladbach - silva and yaya trotting up to their back line in what looks like a token effort to apply pressure, not in sync at all and leaving huge gaping gaps behind. And we just don't even seem particularly arsed about sorting it

We very very rarely press but when we do there is no organisation to it at all. Its just random players trotting up to random people. It's partly why we were picked apart so easily in the first half by monchengladbach - silva and yaya trotting up to their back line in what looks like a token effort to apply pressure, not in sync at all and leaving huge gaping gaps behind. And we just don't even seem particularly arsed about sorting it

I thought ive seen it happen in like 3 of 5 games that the forward players would do that, but i guess i must have been mistaken. For those occasions when it happened the impression i had of it was that it opened the formation too much, leave the opponent lots of space for the counter, and meant that the forward players just wouldn't be able to return to support the defense if the enemy executed a counter with haste. Furthermore i had the thought that you could hardly blame the forward players for not giving the defense cover if it had been that they were instructed to press the defense, can't be everywhere afterall.

Eitherway, i think it's an error to attribute the lack of support from the forwards to the defense as collective lazyness, atleast i would think it to be more likely a result of choice's in tactics and given instructions rather than to be about matters of motivation.

Exactly. Spot on.

The few occasions we do press, as said, it's never as a team, it's disorganised and ultimately only makes us even easier to pass through as it only works when done as a well drilled unit. But even worse than that, it's never with the intention of actually winning the ball unless it's fernandinho or Delph. Nobody else puts in a challenge or gets close enough to put physical pressure on the player, they stand 5 yards off the player and allow them to do whatever they want with it, it makes it incredibly easy for a competent team to pass it around us. Our attacking players are by far the worse for it but it's generally done throughout the entire team.

The few occasions we do press, as said, it's never as a team, it's disorganised and ultimately only makes us even easier to pass through as it only works when done as a well drilled unit. But even worse than that, it's never with the intention of actually winning the ball unless it's fernandinho or Delph. Nobody else puts in a challenge or gets close enough to put physical pressure on the player, they stand 5 yards off the player and allow them to do whatever they want with it, it makes it incredibly easy for a competent team to pass it around us. Our attacking players are by far the worse for it but it's generally done throughout the entire team.

Oh it has worked before, not sure which match it was anymore but i remember Sterling snooping a ball of a opponents back high up the pitch and then running near the back line to give a assist to a incoming KDB who just had to tap it in. I do think however that more than often it's in our disatvantage.

Does anyone else think that the new Super Kev is at least a little bit greedy?

Twice tonight he had the chance to pass to a team-mate in a better position, but chose to shoot.

This needs to be coached out of him.

I don't think he could have passed that one in to silva. Only option was to shoot, if the keeper got to it then it may have rebounded nicely for silv and then we would all be saying how wonderful it was..

Does anyone else think that the new Super Kev is at least a little bit greedy?

Twice tonight he had the chance to pass to a team-mate in a better position, but chose to shoot.

This needs to be coached out of him.
we dont have a coach, just a man who pretends to be coach

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.