Player Topic: Kevin De Bruyne (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It just highlights the difference in quality between a £44m (£49m) English player and a £54m continental player. De Bruyne and Sterling are a world apart. Don't get me wrong I think Sterling is ok but De Bruyne is just off the scale good. That header from the half way line to put Aguero in.......
yep. never seen anything like that before in eleven a side game...to have the nous to cushion head a keepers clearance with just the right touch to take out 3 watford defenders and send sergio in on goal..Wow!!..the commentator on my stream virtually ignored it..how hard a trick is that to pull off..? An amazing bit of skill. if done by rooney it would have been shown on MOTD openers for the next decade.Sometimes i think its because top class players make things look easy,but our own players never seem to get the plaudits.its almost taken for granted, and cos it didnt lead to a goal,forgotten about.

yep. never seen anything like that before in eleven a side game...to have the nous to cushion head a keepers clearance with just the right touch to take out 3 watford defenders and send sergio in on goal..Wow!!..the commentator on my stream virtually ignored it..how hard a trick is that to pull off..? An amazing bit of skill. if done by rooney it would have been shown on MOTD openers for the next decade.Sometimes i think its because top class players make things look easy,but our own players never seem to get the plaudits.its almost taken for granted, and cos it didnt lead to a goal,forgotten about.

If that had been a goal, we would have been hailing DeBruyne for a world class assist. Fine margins, but this guy is streets ahead of Navas, whom many wants to start instead of KDB. Incredible that people have forgotton how frustrating Navas is with wasting crosses and missing target 100% of his shots. Defensive discipline is not the most important skill of an attacking midfielder.

If Sergio or Raheem can just automatically anticipate that early cross that Kevin usually provides we can starting ripping teams apart.
Or make better decisions with it. Both Aguero and Sterling were a bit indecisive with the ball and messed up many a great interplay opportunity.

Improvement needed away from home once more.

Still frustrated with his carelessness in possession, really is key in these away fixtures. We'll get numbers forward and then Kev will play a hopeful cross into a danger area that'll be cut out and we're being hit on the break with everyone caught up the pitch.

Needs to learn to be a bit more patient IMO, I wouldn't use the word 'cautious' because that would take something away from his game, but treat possession more preciously perhaps.

Think he looks more threatening on the left, offers a genuine goal threat cutting inside from range while Raheem offers nothing in that department.

Still unsure of what the best combination of that front 3 behind Aguero is.
Silva left, Debryune in the middle, Sterling/Navas on the right.

I doubt if we'll ever see the KDB we paid £54m for, if we don't play him through the middle

doesn't do anywhere near enough away from home, and gives the ball away far to cheaply. Bit too much of a De Bruyne love in on here... for the money we paid i expect a lot more. Was brilliant against a very poor sunderland at home though !!

The old quintet should start every game - Navas, Silva, Yaya, Aguero and Fernandinho. They have played together for four years. In fact Hart, Sagna, Otamendi, Mangala and Kolarov should also start every game while VK is injured. Sterling and DeBruyne should alternate with the others coming in for injury/rest. Easy.

The old quintet should start every game - Navas, Silva, Yaya, Aguero and Fernandinho. They have played together for four years. In fact Hart, Sagna, Otamendi, Mangala and Kolarov should also start every game while VK is injured. Sterling and DeBruyne should alternate with the others coming in for injury/rest. Easy.

The old quintet that never fails to embarrass us in Champions League.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.