Player Topic: Martin Demichelis (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The was a moment where he was marking Arnoutovic, then just let him go past putting up his hand when he was the one keeping him onside, I just couldn't help but laugh.

Suddenly we have an awful lot of players who are past their best - Kolarov, MDM, Clichy, Sagna, Kompany, yaya, Zabba and dare I say it aguero (in terms of how his now ever present injuries are preventing him from being the force he once was).

Please get Denayer back, Demi is over. I would rather have a young'un make mistakes and learn, than an old'un make them and forget.

For me it is unfair to blame all our faults on one player. Our recent struggles are a team collective problem, primarily down to team selection and partly to having fullbacks who cannot stop crosses coming in. Add the fact that our midfield, when not in possession, give opponents time to pick passes and I think we have an answer to most of our issues. I also think for a 35 year old it was foolish to think he could just play the last few mins of games as a holding midfielder then be ready to play for full games as centre back. Martin has certainly not benefited from not playing regularly, and for quite clearly being made 4th choice. I blame the manager for using him that way. It would have been better after 2 and a 1/2 fantastic seasons for us to let him leave on a high. I have been a big supporter of Manuel but recent decisions have baffled me - his squad management is dire. The writing is always on the wall when a manager starts blaming injuries and tiredness when we haven't even got through December! Unfortunate injuries yes,especially to Zabba and Kompany - but really we should have more than enough to do better and also to actually put in the same effort as the opposition rather than what we all witnessed yesterday.

Please get Denayer back, Demi is over. I would rather have a young'un make mistakes and learn, than an old'un make them and forget.

Got to agree with you. He spent half a season giving away potentially dangerous free kicks, only because he didn't have the legs.

This year he is a complete liability, let's get the young un in and build for the future.

Could not agree more, but not sure if loan deal has a recall clause, anybody irk ?

He wasn't the only one to blame yesterday but agree that it was clear Demi's legs had gone last year and not keeping Denayer was not the best idea. If we are never going to give the youngsters games they will never be ready. Love to know who's decision it is not to give the youngsters game time. It seems to fly in the face of our strategy for the academy. If we don't give them game time we will never know if they are good enough. For those that watch the EDS how good is Humphrey's at this momen in time?

Suddenly we have an awful lot of players who are past their best - Kolarov, MDM, Clichy, Sagna, Kompany, yaya, Zabba and dare I say it aguero (in terms of how his now ever present injuries are preventing him from being the force he once was).

I agree, it isn't MDM who should bare the whole burden for detrimental performances due to his age but management and only them.
The signs were already there last season showing that Kompany,Yaya and Zaba were past their best seasons, MDM now joined the club.
Management should have brought in young players to bed in those positions last season, not next summer window.

The decision to let Denayer go out on loan and keep a clearly past it Demichelis was unbelievably short-sighted. Why do we have such an aversion to playing youngsters even when they have done everything possible to show they are ready?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.