Player Topic: Martin Demichelis (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The decision to let Denayer go out on loan and keep a clearly past it Demichelis was unbelievably short-sighted. Why do we have such an aversion to playing youngsters even when they have done everything possible to show they are ready?
And then Humphrys is on the bench. I am beginning to find MP's thinking completely incomprehensible.

i definitely do not lay all blame for yesterday at MDM's feet, there was so little protection given by any player to the centre halves that a Mike Doyle and Vinnie Kompany partnership would have looked like chumps, but i'd be very concerned now that any team will target him relentlessly if he plays.

And then Humphrys is on the bench. I am beginning to find MP's thinking completely incomprehensible.

This is clearly to convince the lad to sign his papers before someone poaches him. Pretty unfair on the other lads ahead of him at EDS level.

i definitely do not lay all blame for yesterday at MDM's feet, there was so little protection given by any player to the centre halves that a Mike Doyle and Vinnie Kompany partnership would have looked like chumps, but i'd be very concerned now that any team will target him relentlessly if he plays.
That would hold a lot more weight if it wasn't so visibly his fault. He covers no ground whatsoever, both goals would have been cut out if he was able to move, while numerous other chances were the result of his complete refusal to even try and track runners. In the second half he was playing a one man onside trap, 10 yards behind all our other players and on the rare occasions he did get near someone with the ball they walked through his attempts at tackles as if they weren't there. He's been doing everything wrong and honestly just needs putting out of his misery. We may as well drop him because no one could do any worse.

That would hold a lot more weight if it wasn't so visibly his fault. He covers no ground whatsoever, both goals would have been cut out if he was able to move, while numerous other chances were the result of his complete refusal to even try and track runners. In the second half he was playing a one man onside trap, 10 yards behind all our other players and on the rare occasions he did get near someone with the ball they walked through his attempts at tackles as if they weren't there. He's been doing everything wrong and honestly just needs putting out of his misery. We may as well drop him because no one could do any worse.

i agree he also had a stinker, he really did play very badly as you outlined, but it definitely wasnt all his fault. but he had a stinker no doubt.

A liability this season.

He also has no help with Fernando in front of him and vice versa.

It certainly doesn't help having that useless twat Fernando in front of you.

So how was Martin on Saturday when he came on? Not a popular player but surprised how much his form has dropped off from last year...when fans were raving about his positional sense and reading of the game. Could it be a lack of match fitness? If Otamendi or Mangala get a knock do fans trust him to cover if VK is still out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.