Player Topic: Martin Demichelis (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's gone off a cliff since, but you can't spot that happening in advance (Gerrard's last year for example was the same; Terry is threatening to go that way).[/QUOTE]

Disagree, great managers know when the time is right to say goodbye to players.

Demichelis has been a good signing, but last summer was the time to say thank you and goodbye. He is 33 had almost 2 years of constant football, this year is a season too far at the highest level.

Our club was become too nice, I hope and believe Pep will bring a ruthless efficiency that is required.

No one player should ever feel comfortable at a club like this,

Reasonably happy as to what he has contributed for us in the past but has lost a yard of pace clearly now and you cannot afford to in the premiership if you are to compete.

If we were to find a younger fitter more dependable defensive half / midfielder he would probably be off in January.

He will obviously leave in the summer but given we a short on numbers he will reluctantly get more game time.

Will go with our best wishes in the summer but his premiership days are nearly over now.

Read an article that apparently he was begging to move to River last summer. I think this explains why his heart hasn't been in it in any game this season.

I wouldn't rule out that move happening this January as it's the equivalent of the summer window over in Argentina at the moment with their season set to start in February.

Only reason I see him staying is the injury to Kompany though, also Mangala.

Demichelis: I had my bags packed for River

Manchester City defender Martin Demichelis admits he was poised to join River Plate until the move fell through.

Demichelis signed a one-year contract extension with City during the summer but that was before the 35-year-old seriously considered returning to River, where he emerged from the youth ranks in 2000.

The veteran Argentina international, who is set to partner countryman Nicolas Otamendi in the absence of injured centre-back Eliaquim Mangala against Norwich in the FA Cup, says his bags were packed for his homeland, before coach Marcelo Gallardo decided against the move.

"Some things happened to me in Man City, so I had this dream about moving back to River for this season," he said via the Manchester Evening News.

"It's the club where I started to play. But I have to respect the coach Marcelo Gallardo, who decided to keep playing with his players and didn't hire me.

"I truly wanted to play for River, you know.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892...s-i-had-my-bags-packed-for-river?ICID=HP_BN_3

Manchester City defender Martin Demichelis admits he was poised to join River Plate until the move fell through.

Demichelis signed a one-year contract extension with City during the summer but that was before the 35-year-old seriously considered returning to River, where he emerged from the youth ranks in 2000.

The veteran Argentina international, who is set to partner countryman Nicolas Otamendi in the absence of injured centre-back Eliaquim Mangala against Norwich in the FA Cup, says his bags were packed for his homeland, before coach Marcelo Gallardo decided against the move.

"Some things happened to me in Man City, so I had this dream about moving back to River for this season," he said via the Manchester Evening News.

"It's the club where I started to play. But I have to respect the coach Marcelo Gallardo, who decided to keep playing with his players and didn't hire me.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892...s-i-had-my-bags-packed-for-river?ICID=HP_BN_3

Maybe explains a few things?

Some things happened?,can't just say that and leave it hanging
If it was playing time then he can join the club with everyone else who have left for the same reason,you can't expect a 35 yr old who is rusty to just appear to cover mangler and expect him to be any good,i fear another pasting is coming soon

He looks completely uninterested on the pitch and recent comments confirm his attitude towards us. We've been a soft touch on this occasion and we are suffering on the pitch because of this. Very disappointing all round.

Spurned!

Some things happened?,can't just say that and leave it hanging
If it was playing time then he can join the club with everyone else who have left for the same reason,you can't expect a 35 yr old who is rusty to just appear to cover mangler and expect him to be any good,i fear another pasting is coming soon

Today is the perfect time, to find out if Sagna can play there.

We are in the top 4, the semi of the League Cup & have a reasonable draw in the Champs Lg. This competition is the currently the least important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.