Player Topic: Martin Demichelis (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
His legs and head have gone and he should be nowhere near the first team.

Pellegrini is not helping himself, the team or the lad himself by picking him.

We kept him because towards the end of last season he was fantastic. He then followed that up with some excellent performances in the Copa America. He's our fourth choice CB, and he'll be replaced in the summer.

Exactly this.
He's gone off a cliff since, but you can't spot that happening in advance (Gerrard's last year for example was the same; Terry is threatening to go that way).

Exactly this.
He's gone off a cliff since, but you can't spot that happening in advance (Gerrard's last year for example was the same; Terry is threatening to go that way).

You could be right but I'm hoping a little more match sharpness will help him do an Elastoplast job. Would like to see him leave with dignity at the end of the season as he's done a fine job for us and conducts himself well.

We kept him because towards the end of last season he was fantastic. He then followed that up with some excellent performances in the Copa America. He's our fourth choice CB, and he'll be replaced in the summer.

yep, i dont think many would disagree and i think even fewer wouldn't recognise the great contribution he's made over the last few seasons. But it's clear he is completely off the pace and simply cannot perform to the required level. I dont want to see this happen to a City player, but i appreciate injuries are forcing our arm. I'd still opt for a younger player or Sagna at CB though.

His legs and head have gone and he should be nowhere near the first team.

Pellegrini is not helping himself, the team or the lad himself by picking him.
Martin cannot be used as a bit part player - at his age, and with his experience he should be used regularly or not at all. At 35 it is much harder to have few minutes here and there and what should have happened is a parting last summer to NYC - he deserves to be remembered for 2 and a bit really good seasons where he was pivotal to us winning the second league championship, rather than to go with a whimper - mind you it looks as though the same could be said for our stand in captain! Centre backs can play a bit longer but as I've said you either play them regularly or leave them out. another example of poor management by Manuel I'm afraid.

Martin cannot be used as a bit part player - at his age, and with his experience he should be used regularly or not at all. At 35 it is much harder to have few minutes here and there and what should have happened is a parting last summer to NYC - he deserves to be remembered for 2 and a bit really good seasons where he was pivotal to us winning the second league championship, rather than to go with a whimper - mind you it looks as though the same could be said for our stand in captain! Centre backs can play a bit longer but as I've said you either play them regularly or leave them out. another example of poor management by Manuel I'm afraid.

I said it earlier but as a club, we need to get used to selling and moving on players much sooner from here on in and not treat the place like a retirement home.

Of course with FFP is been a difficult few years but its over now and its a part of player recruitment and selling we have to get right.

I said it earlier but as a club, we need to get used to selling and moving on players much sooner from here on in and not treat the place like a retirement home.

Of course with FFP is been a difficult few years but its over now and its a part of player recruitment and selling we have to get right.
Quite right, good post.

Read an article that apparently he was begging to move to River last summer. I think this explains why his heart hasn't been in it in any game this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.