Player Topic: Martin Demichelis (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
After Kompany got sent off against Hull a couple of seasons ago he stepped up and was fantastic for 18 months so consistent and calm and won over any doubters he had for me he was our best defender for that period. But the decline is now so noticeable we looked so disorganised at the back on Saturday. There were a few occasions when Otamendi was trying to get the back 4 in line and Demichelis was a good couple of yards behind. And don't think I've ever seen a player dummy himself till Saturday. Talk in the Manchester Evening News his old club in Argentina want him and that may well be the best option as I genuinely think once Kompany is fit again he's back to bench at best whilst Mangala and Otamendi fight to play alongside Kompany

Possibly the worst CB performance I've seen tbh, which is tough considering his performances against Spurs and Liverpool. He's absolutely finished, he cannot get anywhere near anyone and is now just not even trying to go with people and instead just hoping people are offside. In the second half he even seemed to realise how useless he was so tried sitting deeper to compensate, but instead he was 10 yards behind everyone else playing everyone onside. A traffic cone would have been more useful today

If he was 15 years younger he would be on the bench. But he's Pelles favourite and old so therefor he'll keep getting games and embarras himself week after week.

Rather similar to the apparent decline in form of Terry at Chelsea. It's been interesting to hear professionals talk about central defenders and how their legs simply go all of a sudden, but in this case it makes the sending of Denayer all the more inexcusable. Even when he does return, he'll have to face a baptism at Stoke, which he could already have had under his belt.

Absolutely shocking, hasn't got a clue.
For an experienced player he makes too many poor decisions.

He's so bad it's almost funny to watch at times. Should have gone in the summer to be fair to the fella.

Absolutely shocking, hasn't got a clue.
For an experienced player he makes too many poor decisions.

To be fair to him...

He's past it now. He's been good for us overall but he's declined rapidly over the last 6 months and his legs have gone now. He really shouldn't be playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.