Player Topic: Nicolas Otamendi (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, well I can't discount what you've said, not least because it sounds true to form, but I always got the vibe, both anecdotally and otherwise, that he never really fancied it in the country and if that's the case you're aways struggling.

Apparently the turning point was when Boateng's missus had twins, and they were a bit poorly and in incubators, Mancini wanted Boateng to return to the club to travel for the Europa League away tie in Kiev.

There was a major dispute about it, but Boateng was eventually taken away from his 'compassionate leave', and travelled to Kiev.

And he was an unused sub.

Apparently that was the turning point and when it became irreconcilable.

Besides that he was in and out of the side all season and played the vast majority of it at fullback where his heart didn't really look in it.

Think it was a multitude of things, and his attitude didn't look great at times, but I'm sure if the cards fell differently he'd still be here and have an incredible partnership with Vinnie.

Just the way things turned out I suppose, but it's a very disappointing one.

Ohhh, Otamendi's Magic
He has a massive beard
United tried to sign him
When Alvaro interfered
Woodward said "we've got him,
I can feel it in my bones"
But he signed for city
And now you're stuck with Jones!!!

Apparently the turning point was when Boateng's missus had twins, and they were a bit poorly and in incubators, Mancini wanted Boateng to return to the club to travel for the Europa League away tie in Kiev.

There was a major dispute about it, but Boateng was eventually taken away from his 'compassionate leave', and travelled to Kiev.

And he was an unused sub.

Apparently that was the turning point and when it became irreconcilable.

Besides that he was in and out of the side all season and played the vast majority of it at fullback where his heart didn't really look in it.

Think it was a multitude of things, and his attitude didn't look great at times, but I'm sure if the cards fell differently he'd still be here and have an incredible partnership with Vinnie.

Just the way things turned out I suppose, but it's a very disappointing one.

It's odd that it's often forgotten that we had arguably the best centre half in our club.

Not too big of a loss and, defensively, we've often been very solid and tend to keep the most clean sheets in the league.

We're in an incredibly lucky situation, with Otamendi, Kompany and Mangala, we have three of the finest CB's in the league, along with Demichelis who is a more than equal back up.

We're so well stocked in that position, and all the defensive combinations look as if they have a good understanding of one another.

Otamendi reminds me of Cannavaro a bit. Not quite Cannavaro's level but very close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.