Player Topic: Nicolas Otamendi (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's absolutely brilliant. So pleased we managed to get him in.
I think we only got him because the Rags pulled out. I'm sure some Rag said that Otamendi had deliberately pulled a fast one to get a move to the Swamp, so it must be that they pulled out as what professional footballer wouldn't go there. Thank fuck they pulled out, their loss was our gain......

A proper front foot defender who commits himself and judges it right most of the time. Top class. Suprised how well him and Vinny look together as they are of the same mould; i'd have paired him with a deeper sitting defender who doesn't commit as much. Great call from MP / Txixi to buy him as i didn't think we needed him but twith Mangala in reserve and Denayer to replace MDM we are so strong in that area (obviously not in the Mike Smalling class though).

I think we only got him because the Rags pulled out. I'm sure some Rag said that Otamendi had deliberately pulled a fast one to get a move to the Swamp, so it must be that they pulled out as what professional footballer wouldn't go there. Thank fuck they pulled out, their loss was our gain......

i may be wrong but from what i know valencia had to give us the money for negredo money they didn't had in the summer and i think ota only cost us a couple more millions from the ones they already had to pay us

He must have been chomping at the bit at joining the rags under LVG instead of joining a team with ambition, playing good football and the prospect of winning trophies;-)

Yer don't often see a previous team's coach lamenting the departure. Just shows how good Notamendi is, and he can only get better. He's the kind of player I've watched hundreds of times playing in the CL and thinking 'Wish we had someone like that'!

Yer don't often see a previous team's coach lamenting the departure. Just shows how good Notamendi is, and he can only get better. He's the kind of player I've watched hundreds of times playing in the CL and thinking 'Wish we had someone like that'!

Yep. He's a leader, and he organised their defence so well last year, I was over the moon when we bought him, and he looks as if he's worth every penny.

It's odd that it's often forgotten that we had arguably the best centre half in our club.

Not too big of a loss and, defensively, we've often been very solid and tend to keep the most clean sheets in the league.

It's oft forgotten that Boateng was absolutely shite for us. There may have been reasons behind the scenes but I've never seen a defender shit out of as many tackles as he did in a blue shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.