Player Topic: Nicolas Otamendi (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was no where near a foul for their goal. He took a tumble because his positioning was woeful and didn't fancy his chances of getting back and defending. Got done not long after that when Lichsteiner was put through, Was he even on the pitch when Morata had about 40 yards free when he dinked it over Hart? Was nowhere to be seen. And 2/3 times late on he dived in needlessly and Morata spun him every single time. He's been doing it all season and getting away with is for the majority of it, i was hopeful he'd of learned/been told to stop doing it by now. It's going to be something we are targeted for soon and it's going to cost us big time. Wouldn't be surprised to see Pelle deliberately target him and do it to him this weekend.

Christ help us if Kompany is out for a long time. Without him and Silva we are very average. Our cb's can't seem to take the lead when he is out.

Original%20Image_595cd6yqypu7n.jpg

Said it soon as we were linked with him. He's a very visual sort of player. By that, I mean he stands out when he plays well because his tackles and clearances are thunderous and aggressive. On the flip side, because of this aggression, he is prone to mistakes.

He became a £30m player off the back of a good goal scoring season (for a centre back) and some eye catching aggressive performances in some of the bigger games. Before last season he was struggling to establish himself in Europe.

Don't get me wrong, he is decent and I like him but we have spent an awful lot of money on 'flavour of the month' types of players or on players who have had one good season in a popular league when I'd like to think we have a scouting system that should enable us to pick these players up before they have their 'break out season'. It's a model that Atletico, Dortmund and Valencia follow and it saves them a lot of money.

I've gone off track but it's a long winded way of saying, we should have stuck with Mangala and Denayer and spent the 30m on a centre midfielder who allows us to exercise much greater control of a match thereby lessoning the number of ocassions our back four get exposed in breakaway situations.

If Mangala is back soon then we'll be alright, I honestly think Demichelis is the route of the problem as he means the defence has to be disorganised. Mangala is excellent when playing as the sweeper anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.