Player Topic: Nicolas Otamendi (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will bring in at least one centre back let's see if it's two. Mixed performances to date - let's see what next season brings. At least even Mangala will look like a new buy in Pep's system.

I don't think the club did their buying in the summer just gone without consulting Pep on some level. Certainly dropping such big money on a center half 12 months after signing Mnagala and with Denayer's rise to prominence.

I don't think the club did their buying in the summer just gone without consulting Pep on some level. Certainly dropping such big money on a center half 12 months after signing Mnagala and with Denayer's rise to prominence.

Think Laporte will come in. The question then becomes is Denayer good enough. If he had stayed rather than being loaned we may know the answer. As the plan has been on the table for nearly three years I guess you could also say the same about Managala.

Think Laporte will come in. The question then becomes is Denayer good enough. If he had stayed rather than being loaned we may know the answer. As the plan has been on the table for nearly three years I guess you could also say the same about Managala.

Laporte has been terrible this season. And buying players from Bilboa is stupidly expensive so I don't see that. To give it context reckon he'll cost as much as Stones and I know which of the two I'd rather have.

Laporte has been terrible this season. And buying players from Bilboa is stupidly expensive so I don't see that. To give it context reckon he'll cost as much as Stones and I know which of the two I'd rather have.

He's not been great but then Stones has not looked the same without Jagielka, but I don't disagree in terms of which would be the better buy. Just that Pep has been linked to him before. It's all speculation until we know if Pep is arriving and what his thoughts are on personnel if he does. If Pep has had a say on the last two years of purchases will be interesting to see what the team will look like. Hope that Denayer makes it.

I might be misunderstanding what you're saying, but don't see any comparison with Yaya. That aside, I am a fan. He has the tools, the strength and the courage. His judgment and instant decision-making need work though - over the past 5-6 games, we have seen quite a few instances of missed tackles and unnecessary lunges, bordering on thuggery at times. Things that will cost us in tight games. One thing you don't want to get is a reputation as a street bully - hell refs are already all too ready to point to the spot when anyone falls over in our box. I think he would benefit a lot from playing with Kompany for a length of time, which unfortunately seems destined not to happen any time soon. Given MDM looks a spent force, I would give Sagna a try at CB with Zabaleta at RB. Just to provide another backup in case of suspensions or injuries. And we have no choice to persist with Mangala, who is a total curate's egg.
Oh the comparison, was
Funny old game. I think he's been our most consistent performer along with Sagna and overall his defending has been excellent. I like him a lot!

Not saying he hasn't made the odd mistake, but right now I trust him more than Vinny, and not just because of Vinny's injuries.
This is my view too. I know opinions differ, but I'm shocked there are folks who thinknhe us as clumsy and uncomfortable on the ball as Mangala. That's just mind boggling.

He's been our best centre back this season, although that's really a two horse race, and other than Sagna our best defender.

Similar to Kompany imo in that he's both comfortable sitting back and who you'd back in a one on one but also able to press high and play on the front foot. I do think, however, he has to stick to one in his own mind particularly to compliment Mangala; who seemingly will never change from bombing up to the half way line at will.

What do you mean he has been terrible?

Pep's centre-back signings:

Pique - €5M
Caceres - €16.5M
Henrique - €8M
Chygrynskiy - €25M
Kirchhoff - Free
Benatia - €26M

A mixed bag?

Pique - Very Good
Caceres - Awful
Henrique - Awful
Chygrynskiy - Awful
Kirchhoff - Awful
Benatia - Good but injured.

Mixed bag is a bit generous to be honest. However you missed out Mascherano who was signed and immediately converted into a CB, and he's been brilliant for Barcelona there so thats another Very Good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.