Player Topic: Nicolas Otamendi (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we had kompany next to this guy we'd hardly concede a shot. He's exceptionally good even in a rocky back 4

He was average yesterday. Equally as shaky as Mangala, yet only one got slated. Baffles me.

Sure. He was beaten once by a great Ighalo halo turn. The other was a good positioning, he got nut egged but the ball went to Dihno, who cleared it poorly.

I think Otamendi is slowly becoming the new Yaya. There are some who spend their time focusing on his mistakes as opposed to his overall performance. The guy made 6 tackles 5 interceptions 4 headed clearances in the box, 4 attack starting passes out of the back was beaten once by Ighalo, Capoue actually lost the nutmeg and got it back off Dihno's poor clearance. But somehow some concluded he was poor.

They keep trying to convince themselves his position ally poor, yet he intercepts more passes the whole of the rest of the back four consistently, always in play to make a tackle, yet rather than applaud that, some conclude he is being rash. The same folks who were whining when Mangala backed of Moses. For Palace's goal are now complaining about the defender who jumps into the tackle quick.

It's laughable really. Thought he was 2nd or 3rd best player today. Dihno, Ota, Yaya, Sagna.
Sorry mate, I'm just not seeing it. I think he's rash, has limited composure and is often caught square on and has fairly poor judgement. I'll reserve judgement on his positioning because I think there are some covering issues within the team. The odd covering/sliding tackle aren't enough for me. I don't really see how he's any different to Mangala quality wise. He looks less clumsy, but he isn't less clumsy. For me at least anyway. I know some people see him differently.

What I will say is that both he and Mangala will probably look entirely different in a different set up.

He was average yesterday. Equally as shaky as Mangala, yet only one got slated. Baffles me.

Funny old game. I think he's been our most consistent performer along with Sagna and overall his defending has been excellent. I like him a lot!

Not saying he hasn't made the odd mistake, but right now I trust him more than Vinny, and not just because of Vinny's injuries.

Haha. Pep picks Boateng week in and week out at centre half for Bayern.

He will bring in at least one centre back let's see if it's two. Mixed performances to date - let's see what next season brings. At least even Mangala will look like a new buy in Pep's system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.