Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, in the formation we play the full backs are encouraged to get forward as much as possible, Kolarov is doing what his manager tells him. I thought Sterling had a decent game tonight, yes there are parts of his game that need some work but surely no-one thought that a 20 year old was the finished article?
Watch Sagna...

He offers the support he offers the width, he offers an option. He let's the winger have the option to go one on one with the opponents fullback. He offers the overlap when it's needed and when he can. Basically he plays with a brain!

Take your man on!

We've bought a Lamborghini and we're trying to turn it into a Porsche (know fuck all about cars tbh) - that or he is scared of losing it.

Surely we signed him for his directness, not to coach it out of him?

I thought he was the best of the attacking 4 tonight, in particular the second half.

He clearly got told at half time to get in front of his man and attack the penalty box when De Bruyne, Silva or anyone else was at the byline. He wasn't doing it first half but second half he tried a few times and was unlucky. His header is one particular example.

Still hesitated and lost possession in good areas a few times. But I hope he kicks on from here.

He looks better when Silva playing .

Shooting to score goals ,needs to improve .

Last edited:
Yeah. He's seem to be holding up in play. We bought him to stretch the field, not hold the ball and make nifty dinky passes. Made some nice tries at the end of the game, though.

Watch Sagna...

He offers the support he offers the width, he offers an option. He let's the winger have the option to go one on one with the opponents fullback. He offers the overlap when it's needed and when he can. Basically he plays with a brain!
It's Raheem who slows down and then Kolarov overlaps, if he continued and took his man on Kolarov wouldn't overlap.

I like him. He isn't the finished article yet but give him time and he could be a world beater.

I thought he played well today, looked constantly dangerous and put in some excellent low crosses that would have definitely ended in goals if Aguero didn't have that gypsy curse on him. Much more what you want from him, now just needs to have that outside threat but add some cutting inside and shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.