Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd be genuinely intrigued* to see if he received more free kicks per game when playing for Liverpool than he does for us.

*not sufficiently intrigued to actually do the research myself, mind you.

So far this season, in 19 appearances, he has been fouled 30 times...Has attempted 52 take ons

Last season, in 35 appearances, he was fouled 93 times...He attempted 208 take ons

Someone posted links a couple of weeks ago about this. In the previous two season Raheem was the second most fouled player. So far this season he's not even in the top ten.

I could have got that wrong but they were only the daily fail and I don't want to trawl through their site to find them again.

That would have been me.

He was amongst the most fouled players in the Prem, during his time at Liverpool. Not even in the list now.

The back heel pass to Augero for the goal yesterday was a thing of beauty.

Yet I've yet to see a mention of it anywhere. Liverpool fan and celebrity penis lover Mark Lawrenson gushed about Aguero's individual goal, but no mention of the flick from Raheem. Admittedly Aguero still had a hell of a lot to do, but it was still an important link in the build up to his goal and will go down as an assist.

I think his lack of penalties and free kicks is more to do with who he plays for now

He's also making around half the amount of dribbles/runs with the ball with us as he was at Liverpool.

This is key (although he should have had more freekicks than he has this season from referees), I still think he is under instruction to find the safe pass and not risk the take on.

This is key (although he should have had more freekicks than he has this season from referees), I still think he is under instruction to find the safe pass and not risk the take on.

This is why I think we will see the real Raheem next season under Pep.

i think it's necessary for a player like Sterling to know when to cut back and play safe, keep possession etc, and know when trying to beat the man is a good option (if the full back is a bit exposed etc).

Under Pellers i think Sterling is a bit too safe, but he's still having a good season.

what i dont want sterling to do is simply just sprint the line with the ball every single time because then we just end up with another Aaron Lennon and christ knows how flipping shit he was.

Someone posted links a couple of weeks ago about this. In the previous two season Raheem was the second most fouled player. So far this season he's not even in the top ten.

I could have got that wrong but they were only the daily fail and I don't want to trawl through their site to find them again.
In fairness Raheem doesn't take on players here as often as he did at Pool. Hopefully he gets comfortable enough in our system and start going at players more.

In fairness Raheem doesn't take on players here as often as he did at Pool. Hopefully he gets comfortable enough in our system and start going at players more.
He also plays on his weaker ,left side, far more for us than he did at Liverpool.
Fair enough its up to him to work at it, but for a young player he ain,t doing bad.he didn,t fix the transfer fee, and there is more to come from this young man who appears to be handling the pressure of his big move just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.