Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was very good today. Ok, maybe not that much direct attacks but given the circumstances and the fact that Everton did defend well, he was very very solid. Finally, he did'nt lose the ball in 'easy' situations, and actually forced the defenders to just provide cover against him, or force them to foul, thus giving space to other attacking outlets. Well, not to mention the end, where he did beat Stones already...

Needs to run at people in the box.

First time he tried to beat a man, he got brought down by stones. Most of he time his attacking play was predictable, run to the edge of the box, check back on the right foot, lay off for Clichy. Rinse and repeat.

The lad is going to be world class but he is a raw talent right now, still learning his trade.

Tonight was one of those nights where his radar pointed at the defenders shins for the majority and despite being in good positions, he rarely created anything of note.

of course he rightly won us the game in the last few seconds but the ref bottled it.

Careful, you're not allowed to criticise KDB you dick!
Criticism is one thing, calling him a coward is another... Pretty baseless in football and a fairly ridiculous comment.

I thought sterling had a good match and showed that he is improving. If not for instruction from the league office we would have likely won it at the death against a side obviously not particularly bothered about winning the match.

Bright future for him.

Played a varying role tonight and handled his job well in all 3 thirds of the pitch, both in and out of possession. Tactically brilliant player performance.

Technically, his finishing and final ball let him down, but his link up play was great in large spells.

All in all, he had a very good game, and was involved in much of our good attacking play, (which is starting, slowly but surely, to look more like City again :D)

Oh, and how can I forget that fucking stonewall penalty. Ludicrous reffing.

I thought he played well

I must have watched another game to everyone else. I thought we were terrible. Everton weren't giving anything away and were playing well within themselves.

I thought we were terrible first half, too slow in attack and wide open in the middle and the at the back. They were going from their area to having a shot within 6 passes. They were very unlucky not to score with that great hit that just missed the far post. That would have been some goal.

Second half were much better, quicker in the pass, hunger to win the 50/50's and looked like we would win.

Once again though we lack potency and didn't create that many clear chances. Clichy and Navas had poor delivery yet again and when they did get it in, no one was there!

He should have gambled with Nacho in last 10 to try and force the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.