Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought he was our best player last night.

Maybe he is starting to feel like he is part of the team now as his confidence looked higher than usual.

I think he looks better in a free role which I thought he got tonight, especially in the first half.

He is wasted just stuck out on the left wing in my opinion.

Loads of times in the second half he received the ball in space on the left corner of their area. Every time he stopped or was stood still when he received the ball and the advantage was gone. He stops and waits for the overlap. I think this is instruction, which if it is, is bollocks. He should be moving at pace or make a beeline for goal. At Liverpool he was a menace in the exact same situations

I thought he was our best player last night.

Maybe he is starting to feel like he is part of the team now as his confidence looked higher than usual.

I think he looks better in a free role which I thought he got tonight, especially in the first half.

He is wasted just stuck out on the left wing in my opinion.
I can see what you're saying but first half when he was central we were poor and rarely threatened. Second half when he went left we were all over them. He might play better centrally but as a team were are better when he is left. If only he would run at defenders when he's left, whether that's him or Pellegrini I don't know.

I can see what you're saying but first half when he was central we were poor and rarely threatened. Second half when he went left we were all over them. He might play better centrally but as a team were are better when he is left. If only he would run at defenders when he's left, whether that's him or Pellegrini I don't know.

I would like to see him take on players more.

Saying that, when he does play left I don't think he is too comfortable going down on his left foot/ left side and down the line so instead he either cuts in or waits for the fullback to overlap so he can go down the line instead.

The best position I have seen Raheem plays was when he was at the top of Liverpool's diamond midfield behind a front two of Suarez and Sturridge.

I think over time when hopefully his end product improves we will start seeing him being positioned more centrally as I don't think he will end up a winger unless he starts becoming comfortable going down on his left side enabling him to mix it up. I also think he may need to put some muscle on as well to make him more of a presence.

He only seemed to go after Stones when the management pointed out how weak he was. Wish he would take on the defender immediately, rather than waiting for the two covering players to shuffle over, but I suppose when you see what happened in the last minute you can understand his reluctance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.