Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was really decent tonight but we needed a world-class winger like Bale or Reus who can dribble and whip in quality crosses, didn't we? Pointless signing.

Neither of those do what you have said. Bale cuts in from the right hand side on his left foot and Reus cuts in from the left on his right foot.

Oh and as for Sterling absolutely top drawer tonight, he's been great this season 49 million absolute steal considering his age and he fills the HG quota.

Just wish he would take the man on more and stop cutting inside.
He's right footed I think. Hope I am right or I will look a fool. I wish we'd play him down the middle. Wasted out wide. Who is he supposed to pick out with a cross? AGuero surrounded by 3 defenders? Fernando and Toure are on the half way line. Maybe Navas on the other touchline

Criticism is one thing, calling him a coward is another... Pretty baseless in football and a fairly ridiculous comment.

I thought sterling had a good match and showed that he is improving. If not for instruction from the league office we would have likely won it at the death against a side obviously not particularly bothered about winning the match.

Bright future for him.
well if you have a player who pulls out of every 50/50 and never contests a ball in the air I'd say that's cowardly. He was terrible tonight, should have been slung long before he was.

The summer hatchet job has done it's own job now, he's never getting a decision.

Inexcusable to wave that penalty away. There's no one that can convince me that Everton wouldn't have gotten a penalty had it happened down the other end. Admirably, but sadly, he seems to have accepted that.

Much prefer him on the left taking people on than through the middle trying to link passes personally. Also prefer KdB/Silva centrally, so seems win win to leave him left & put one of those guys centrally. We looked far better in the 2nd half when we made the change.

Not for the first time this season looked our most dangerous player, deserved a penalty at the end there which could have won us the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.