Player Topic: Raheem Sterling (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm constantly amazed at the level of bullying and snide play he is on the end of from defenders, and yet rarely does he get a free kick. It's becoming a bit of a joke.
It strikes me that Sterling has a bit of a reputation as a diver. Even when he's clearly fouled, Sterling has a habit of exaggerating the contact, so much so, that it seems he's just trying to buy a foul.

I'm not a fan of diving... but if you're fouled, your side should be award the penalty. Agree that Sterling is not getting his fair share of foul calls.

You would think referees would call each game on face value, but given their body of work, it is obvious they take the approach of guilty until proved innocent with many of our players. Granted, our players are no saints when it comes to being physical (Fernandinho for example), but I would like to see a little more consistency in how the game is called. It seems more often than it should be that it has become okay to knock our players off a ball from behind, but we get called for more fouls doing the same thing.

Regarding Sterling, he's not going to get the calls, so maybe it is time to do a little strength work so he doesn't fly as far when he gets barged into.

Lost track of the amount of times he has been carted on the floor from a proper clumsy tackle only to get absolutely nothing for it. Must happen two or three times a game.

Agreed, but on the other hand he will dive at least two or three times a game too. That's something he needs to cut out in order to win free kicks more often.

I'm constantly amazed at the level of bullying and snide play he is on the end of from defenders, and yet rarely does he get a free kick. It's becoming a bit of a joke.

I'd be genuinely intrigued* to see if he received more free kicks per game when playing for Liverpool than he does for us.

*not sufficiently intrigued to actually do the research myself, mind you.

I'd be genuinely intrigued* to see if he received more free kicks per game when playing for Liverpool than he does for us.

At a quick and lazy glance, last season up to February he was fouled 60 times, in the league. 94 for the whole season.

At this stage of the season, a month less, he's been deemed to have been fouled 30 times in the league.

Someone posted links a couple of weeks ago about this. In the previous two season Raheem was the second most fouled player. So far this season he's not even in the top ten.

I could have got that wrong but they were only the daily fail and I don't want to trawl through their site to find them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.