Player Topic: Samir Nasri (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I hear right in his post match interview on motd2 I'm sure he mentioned "a couple of others to come in" I may be wrong but I'm sure that's what he said maybe today was a farewell

Our attacks slowed down noticeably when he came on and he offered far less protection to Kolarov than Sterling does.
Has more ability than Navas, but unfortunately (as others have pointed out) it has an adverse effect on the teams shape, tempo and discipline when he comes on for Navas.

This is the reason I'm still skeptical about playing DeBruyne on the right...he also isn't especially quick and doesn't have the greatest work-rate going back, which might leave us exposed on the right in the same way the left get exposed when Nasri comes on. I'd rather have a geniune speedy winger who is an upgrade on Navas (read: Bale, Griezmann) who'll maintain our width and pin back the opposing fullback. The club seems to have decided on DeBruyne though, so hopefully it works out.

EDIT: Re-read what I wrote and it sounds a bit unnecessarily harsh, so to balance it out, I'll add that it was a fantastic finish for our 2nd goal. :)

Last edited:
He should have won a free kick (from the only time I saw it, I think) but he was still flailing on the floor whilst Everton had made their way into our box. I'm also interested to know what he was arguing with the referee about on one of our corners to be cautioned for dissent.

Great finish and his introduction to today's game was timely. I always feel like it will go one of two ways with him, either petulant and tempo killing or perfect possession and finesse. For a rare occasion I think we saw a mixture today.

Sick and tired of broken record "Attack killer".
It's like .."look at me ,I am the pied pipper and you shall follow me "bullshit.

wtf do you want? a headless chicken? how is that pass to kun a attack killer?

Folks talk about Yaya's pass, but it was Nasri's movement that was the magic in that play. I say it to anyone that would listen. No one moves better off the ball than Nasri. He is at his most dangerous, the moment he passes the ball in the final 3rd.

He is simply unplayable once he passes the ball

3 goals scored in 55 minutes while he was on the pitch this season. Not losing the ball and creating chances without breaking a sweat.
Why do people want him to take risk, up the tempo and give opposition opportunities to break us appart on the counter ?

Did I hear right in his post match interview on motd2 I'm sure he mentioned "a couple of others to come in" I may be wrong but I'm sure that's what he said maybe today was a farewell

he certainly did, and the way he said it, he had a good idea who i reckon

I disagree.We look far more vulnerable with Nasri strolling around the pitch,our shape suffers and our discipline is compromised.Navas is a team player,he offers industry and desire as well as being a fantastic outlet.

We wont miss him.
Your'e right. Great goal but what was he doing in Navas space when we were trying to close the game down.He left the leftside wide open to counter.

Nasri is fantastic going forward, but I think even Neville said it in commentary that we went back to our slow, sideways build-up to break-down from last year. Every style has its time in my opinion, and when the game is won, why not.., however I did notice though that Kolarov was noticably staying back after Sterling went off, because he knew he no longer had the protection in front of him.

He did say "a couple more are coming in" but I fail to see how that translates into Nasri's farewell?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.