Player Topic: Samir Nasri (2015/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a perfect time for Nasri to slow the game down and that's what he did. The end of the first half was like an end to end frenetic cup tie and that's when Everton could have scored. Shape and tempo do have to be changed at times. Pellers seems to have improved substitution decisions over time.

Folks talk about Yaya's pass, but it was Nasri's movement that was the magic in that play. I say it to anyone that would listen. No one moves better off the ball than Nasri. He is at his most dangerous, the moment he passes the ball in the final 3rd.

He is simply unplayable once he passes the ball
Agreed.
His off the ball movement is what all haters prefer to ignore.
Every pass he makes he is thinking about 4-5 steps ahead. Build up to his goal is a good example and there are times when he connects with Yaya and Silva is pure magic. Nasri is an intelligent footballer.

Nasri is fantastic going forward, but I think even Neville said it in commentary that we went back to our slow, sideways build-up to break-down from last year. Every style has its time in my opinion, and when the game is won, why not.., however I did notice though that Kolarov was noticably staying back after Sterling went off, because he knew he no longer had the protection in front of him.
Or perhaps he was staying back coz we had a lead and it made sense to try to protect that lead.

Pellegrini did the right thing and brought him early.

Nasri deserve to start every game.

Great switch by Pellegrini. Working hard off the ball and so so clever with his passing.

Smart move by Pellegrini to bring him on. They had every man back behind the ball which made Navas pretty much ineffectual. Nasri is better at keeping possession in tight corners, finding the right pass and making clever little runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.