Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2014/15)

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sergio Aguero

Sky Sports are having a poll right now:

Who is the Premier Leagues best striker?
#ssnhqaguero #ssnhqcosta.....

Vote for our Kun

Don't get me wrong I love Merlin and all my life I've had King Colin down as my greatest ever City player but this kid is fast becoming my fave City player ever he's simply unplayable this season terrifies defenders WHOEVER THEY ARE AND HOWEVER GOOD THEY THINK THEY ARE ! It's fair to say that without his career peak form we would be mid table or lower this season because the form of some of his team mates has been pathetic, he can be excused for getting frustrated at times when players don't match his stratospheric standards my message is whatever this kid and Merlin want we give them because keeping these two happy is key to our future success.

kinkladz-ade said:

Vote for our Kun

Can't believe they need to have a poll, everyone knows it's "the new Peter Davenport" James Wilson.

kinkladz-ade said:

Vote for our Kun
Honest question; would it make the slightest difference to you if Costa won that poll? It isn't a true gauge of who is better, it's simply public opinion. Costa has hit the ground running and, considering it's his first season in the PL, he will probably top that poll. To me, Aguero is the better striker as he has performed at a consistently high level in the two full seasons (plus this one so far) he has been with us, injuries notwithstanding. Then again, I'm biased!

jimharri said:
kinkladz-ade said:

Vote for our Kun
Honest question; would it make the slightest difference to you if Costa won that poll? It isn't a true gauge of who is better, it's simply public opinion. Costa has hit the ground running and, considering it's his first season in the PL, he will probably top that poll. To me, Aguero is the better striker as he has performed at a consistently high level in the two full seasons (plus this one so far) he has been with us, injuries notwithstanding. Then again, I'm biased!

To be fair, Costa has scored so many mainly because Chelsea are creating so many chances. If you look at the goals he is scoring, it's not like he shouldn't be scoring them as most of them are open goals and tap ins. Take Aguero's finishes against Bayern, you would never see Costa do that because he is the kind of player who just takes half chances rather than making his own, Chelsea make loads of chances for him to do that. Like for like, Aguero is a million miles ahead of Costa because he is so much more dangerous and more difficult to play against whereas Kompany bullied Costa earlier this year.

Agreed. Costa is a good striker playing in front of a team that is functioning in all parts. Sergio, at times, has looked as though he's playing on his own.
Anybody else find Koeman's comment bizarre? Sometimes you think Aguero's sleeping? Come again? No, I honestly never think that. I sometimes think his touch is off, I more rarely think How did you miss that, Kun, you always put those away? But sleeping!? Sounds like he's thinking of Edin, on occasions.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Agreed. Costa is a good striker playing in front of a team that is functioning in all parts. Sergio, at times, has looked as though he's playing on his own.
Anybody else find Koeman's comment bizarre? Sometimes you think Aguero's sleeping? Come again? No, I honestly never think that. I sometimes think his touch is off, I more rarely think How did you miss that, Kun, you always put those away? But sleeping!? Sounds like he's thinking of Edin, on occasions.
Being generous to Koeman, it may have lost something in translation. Maybe he meant that, at time, Sergio can seem to be not tthat involved in the general game. Then, slot through a pass in behind the CB and BANG! The ball is in your net. I would still think that Sergio offers more to us than simply his finishing (look at one of those videos posted a page or two back for his ability at holding the ball up and taking players on). Others viewing us from the outside might see it differently. And Koeman doesn't strike me as a WUM type manager.

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
He was being totally complimentary in saying that one minute he isn't really in the game then the next the ball is in the net. He was referring to how incredibly clinical he is.

Indeed he was comparing him to Romario, a genuine great.

Granted. My point is that Sergio always looks, to me, as though he's in the game. He's like some guy lurking in a shadowy doorway, sizing you up and deciding whether you're worth mugging or not. Waiting, in fact, for you to get to a dark spot between the lamps. So describing him as looking asleep just doesn't mean much to me. It's a detail of expression. He's one of the greats, everyone knows it…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.