Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2014/15)

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
cityisOURS said:
Pablo1 said:
cityisOURS said:
Harry Kane has been brilliant this year and I find it strange that people think he does not deserve to be there. He has helped propel spurs to the position they are in Where would they be without him? As for the other two you may have a point. In my opinion however, he has been very average since his injury and for as good as everyone makes out he is why does he find it so hard to capture his form after a setback? If he is genuinely a world class player why does he rarely come up with winning goals in bad performances. Aguero is an excellent player who plays off other good players. While he is a brilliant player he is not as much of a talisman as say tevez. In my opinion that's what may be the reason Coutinho and Costa are in and he isnt
It's a valid argument regarding why he's not nominated, I suppose I'm looking at it as a city fan and a bit of bias plays a part when I think he deserves a nomination as much as Coutinho and Costa. in no way am I thinking he's been good enough to win it, his season has nosedived since his injury unfortunately for us.

He is world class though.

Do you think he has shown enough consistency to be world class? He has had injuries but also prolonged spells after where he has not done enough to deserved to be that level in my opinion
It's such a subjective term world class. Everybody has their own criteria so I won't argue if people don't look at it the same as me. I think he's shown enough in his career so far to warrant the label.

It's all a fix that's why. I can pretty much guarantee you that, for instance, players at Spurs would not have voted for anyone that they believed would have been a competitor to Kane. Ex pros and recently John Terry have admitted it is all tactical if you think a fellow team mate is in with a chance of winning an award. Does anyone seriously think that Costa and Coutinho have had better seasons than Aguero and Silva?

The PFA award is voted for by footballers, who count in their number a higher percentage of less educated individuals than many other walks of life. The fact that red top favourites always feature in the nominations leads me to believe that a large number of PFA members vote based on reading the Sun, Mirror etc.

The fact that we aren't really well supported by the media, barely respected and rarely liked, means that our players achievements will be largely overlooked. The two seasons we won the league, our achievements were downplayed based on money spent. This season it's pretty likely that none of our players will feature in the PFA team of the season. Sergio is terribly unlucky but until we have cheerleaders in the media our players will be nominated as often as they deserve.

Well he won't make team of the year even if he wins the golden boot it will be

de gea

ivanovic
fonte
terry
creswell

scnederlin
fabregas
hazard
sanchez

costa
kane

manger mouriniho

citytill1die84 said:
uwe rosler 28 said:
Well he won't make team of the year even if he wins the golden boot it will be

de gea

ivanovic
fonte
terry
creswell

scnederlin
fabregas
hazard
sanchez

costa
kane

manger mouriniho

WTF? That would piss me off.

He's been nominated for player ov the season so can't see a reason why he wouldn't be in team ov the year even if sergio should be ahead of him! It wouldn't suprise me to see a few more rags in there too because they've had a fantastic season! Or is it they have been ok since mid feb!

Fact is Coutinho 4 Goals and 4 Assists, Silva 11 Goals 6 assists. Costa 19 Goals 3 Assist, Aguero 20 Goals, 6 Assists. City players are always by passed when it comes to individual recognition.

Kane is justifiably there. Not just for his goals, but his all round play.

Costa is highly over-rated by the media IMO. I said back in Sep that I saw him being largely like Negredo with an initial flurry of goals, then drying up as defences adapted to handle him. He is a fairly limited player with average ball skill. Kane and Aguero way more skilful IMO and equally good in front of goal.

So score fewer goals and receive a ban for violent conduct and you are still picked ahead of Kun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.