Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2014/15)

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
leech said:
I would actually like us to sell Aguero.

Of course he has done great things for us and is a fantastic player, but so much so that we bend our style to suit his game, to the extent that it is to the detriment of the overall performance of the team.

We need to play one striker up front to fully maximise our game, and Aguero has neither the height nor the goal-hanging instinct to play this role for us. To ensure our wingers' and fullbacks' attacking efforts are rewarded and that we utilise the extra dimension to the attack they can provide we need someone in the Bony or Cavani mould to lead the line for us, not Aguero.

Extra runners from midfield would help, but given his injury record and probable transfer fee set against FFP, I would sell.

Aguero is the poster boy for this club. We would never sell him unless he expressed a serious desire to leave.

And every time I've watched Cavani this season, he's been utter dogshit

Manc in London said:
stony said:
He'll never get the credit he deserves in this country because he's wearing the wrong colour shirt.
There is still a lot of resentment and plain old fashion jealousy where City are concerned. Hence, Kyle Walker beating Aguero to young player of the year. Alan fucking Pardew beating Mancini to MOTY, and Rodgers beating Pelligrini to the same, despite Pellers winning a double and breaking records for fun.
If Aguero shagged OAPs he would probably have won at least two POTY awards.

Let Kyle Walker, Alan Pardew and Brendan Rodgers hoover up these nothing awards, while Aguero and Pellegrini collect winners medals. I know what I would rather have.

In addition to the lack of plaudits for our players and managers, we have had the following thrown at us for six years:
"You cannot buy success"
"You only win because you spend lots of money" (notice how this statement follows on from the one above)
"No team spirit at City"
"The City manager is not good enough"
"The City team lacks togethernessness and spirit"
"City don't play as a team"
"City players are overrated"
"The players lack resolve and fight"

Yet we have been Champions twice, FA Cup winners, FA Cup runners up, Capital One Cup Winners and qualified for the Champions League four times. I guess we must have been lucky.

I think the main reason we never get any of the credit we deserve is because the current generation of media, pundits and ex-players grew up seeing us as an easy 3 points or a comedy club with decent support, like Newcastle. We've crashed their cosy party and they don't like it, they're all fans of the rags, Liverpool or London clubs and feel put out seeing us smash their once dominant teams (though not so much this season!). If we keep winning we'll become part of the established elite and more accepted, and over time kids will grow up supporting us "because we win things" and are on TV a lot, just like why those growing up in the 80s support Liverpool or the 90s rags or Chelsea.

Someone has been smoking them funny fags in this thread! 4 seasons at city yet he has not made 1 team of the year! And people say there is no agenda against us!

leech said:

Of course he has done great things for us and is a fantastic player, but so much so that we bend our style to suit his game, to the extent that it is to the detriment of the overall performance of the team.

We need to play one striker up front to fully maximise our game, and Aguero has neither the height nor the goal-hanging instinct to play this role for us. To ensure our wingers' and fullbacks' attacking efforts are rewarded and that we utilise the extra dimension to the attack they can provide we need someone in the Bony or Cavani mould to lead the line for us, not Aguero.

Extra runners from midfield would help, but given his injury record and probable transfer fee set against FFP, I would sell.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G5b1Q3FzXo[/video]

leech said:

Hilarious

leech said:

1322616211129.jpg

leech said:

Back in the cage you go.

tumblr_m55o0rkPYw1rua1nvo1_500.gif

MihaiCity said:
leech said:

Here you go. Works better if you use a GIF.

RrYhTGq.gif

Kladze said:
MihaiCity said:
leech said:

Here you go. Works better if you use a GIF.

RrYhTGq.gif

yep thanks mate;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.