Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2014/15)

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Premier League winners medals are the best things you can own in English football, Aguero has more than most players could ever dream of. The team of the year is a popularity contest, the golden boot is a far better achievement (that's if Aguero goes on to win it).

leech said:
I would actually like us to sell Aguero.

Of course he has done great things for us and is a fantastic player, but so much so that we bend our style to suit his game, to the extent that it is to the detriment of the overall performance of the team.

We need to play one striker up front to fully maximise our game, and Aguero has neither the height nor the goal-hanging instinct to play this role for us. To ensure our wingers' and fullbacks' attacking efforts are rewarded and that we utilise the extra dimension to the attack they can provide we need someone in the Bony or Cavani mould to lead the line for us, not Aguero.

Extra runners from midfield would help, but given his injury record and probable transfer fee set against FFP, I would sell.

It's a good point about Aguero not being a lone striker, he also doesn't work in a partnership unless playing alongside someone strong, mobile, selfless who moves the ball quickly like Negredo. Bayern won the champions league with Mandzukic who is nowhere near as talented as Aguero but suited the way they played. Bony up front on his own and use the Aguero money to bring in some goalscoring wide players. Or maybe our next manager will get Aguero passing the ball occasionally and let him know he's not as good at dribbling as he thinks he is.

Damocles said:
leech said:

Of course he has done great things for us and is a fantastic player, but so much so that we bend our style to suit his game, to the extent that it is to the detriment of the overall performance of the team.

We need to play one striker up front to fully maximise our game, and Aguero has neither the height nor the goal-hanging instinct to play this role for us. To ensure our wingers' and fullbacks' attacking efforts are rewarded and that we utilise the extra dimension to the attack they can provide we need someone in the Bony or Cavani mould to lead the line for us, not Aguero.

Extra runners from midfield would help, but given his injury record and probable transfer fee set against FFP, I would sell.

1322616211129.jpg

Always liked this one.

Love_Each_Day said:
Or maybe our next manager will get Aguero passing the ball occasionally and let him know he's not as good at dribbling as he thinks he is.

Would that be the same Aguero who has more assists this season than David Silva, set up Dzeko with an incredible pass at Anfield and then put a great chance on a plate to Silva only for him to miscontrol it at Burnley? Sometimes he does hang on to the ball too much, but many of the best players have a selfish side. If you had a pound for every wasted Ronaldo shot you'd be swimming in gold. Aguero is not too selfish and passes more than enough.

And the idea of selling Aguero is fallacy... yes let's sell possibly the only remaining genuine world class player in our team (Silva is still an excellent player but this season I think his standard has fallen). Cavani and Bony are not fit to lace his boots and this is the same Aguero who put 4 past Spurs playing as a lone striker with the team was functioning better then.

How about we give Aguero the teammates he deserves and our first world class coach of the takeover era to train him (Pep or Ancelotti perhaps)?

We need more Sergios not less ffs.

Lay off them drugs. He's a club legend at this point and should be irreplaceable.

Aguero works fine as a lone striker. When the team is on song, he's always being played in and putting chances away. When they are not, he's scoring great dribbling goals ala Barcelona, QPR, Stoke.
With wingers and full-backs, he buries chances from crosses and pull backs ala Sunderland, United, Spurs, et al. He's also deadly with his head in the box.

We don't need him as a hold up lone striker, unless the team is playing as shite as Saturday. Get the players on his wavelength again and he scores almost every match and gets back into the form of earlier this season.

leech said:

61lDc.gif

leech said:

Had0wG1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.