Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2014/15)

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
leech said:
I would actually like us to sell Aguero.

Of course he has done great things for us and is a fantastic player, but so much so that we bend our style to suit his game, to the extent that it is to the detriment of the overall performance of the team.

We need to play one striker up front to fully maximise our game, and Aguero has neither the height nor the goal-hanging instinct to play this role for us. To ensure our wingers' and fullbacks' attacking efforts are rewarded and that we utilise the extra dimension to the attack they can provide we need someone in the Bony or Cavani mould to lead the line for us, not Aguero.

Extra runners from midfield would help, but given his injury record and probable transfer fee set against FFP, I would sell.
You're my kind of poster.

Best player we've got, we just don't get enough out of him. Kun is like Ronaldo, he needs a team to perform to his best and far too many times the rest have let him down. Slightly off topic but I remember last season where everyone was comparing kun and Suarez, not sure anyone would choose Kun over Suarez now.

LoveCity said:
Love_Each_Day said:
Or maybe our next manager will get Aguero passing the ball occasionally and let him know he's not as good at dribbling as he thinks he is.

Would that be the same Aguero who has more assists this season than David Silva, set up Dzeko with an incredible pass at Anfield and then put a great chance on a plate to Silva only for him to miscontrol it at Burnley? Sometimes he does hang on to the ball too much, but many of the best players have a selfish side. If you had a pound for every wasted Ronaldo shot you'd be swimming in gold. Aguero is not too selfish and passes more than enough.

And the idea of selling Aguero is fallacy... yes let's sell possibly the only remaining genuine world class player in our team (Silva is still an excellent player but this season I think his standard has fallen). Cavani and Bony are not fit to lace his boots and this is the same Aguero who put 4 past Spurs playing as a lone striker with the team was functioning better then.

How about we give Aguero the teammates he deserves and our first world class coach of the takeover era to train him (Pep or Ancelotti perhaps)?

That pass at Anfield was brilliant but a lot of the time it feels like he's reluctant to pass to Dzeko and a few of our other players. Some of it is a lack of awareness eg. Kolarov bombing forward wide open on the left vs Villa and Aguero turns back the other way. Tevez was accused of being selfish a lot but he had fantastic vision and awareness of his teammates and was always likely to set them up. Don't think Aguero needs to drop back beside Silva and the like to get on the ball as much as he does.

leech said:

Of course he has done great things for us and is a fantastic player, but so much so that we bend our style to suit his game, to the extent that it is to the detriment of the overall performance of the team.

We need to play one striker up front to fully maximise our game, and Aguero has neither the height nor the goal-hanging instinct to play this role for us. To ensure our wingers' and fullbacks' attacking efforts are rewarded and that we utilise the extra dimension to the attack they can provide we need someone in the Bony or Cavani mould to lead the line for us, not Aguero.

Extra runners from midfield would help, but given his injury record and probable transfer fee set against FFP, I would sell.

Well you got your wish.............. lot of people reading one of your posts and lots of discussion.
Its your opinion and maybe that of a few others but my opinion - NO WAY SHOULD WE SELL AGUERO in the near future. I shudder to think what league position we would have if it wasn't for his goals this season.

World class player who will miss at least 25% of games every season through injury but will still score 20+ even 30+ goals.

It's the likes of Jovetic that have dissapointed me as that lad is always injured.

Dzeko is still trying to learn how to trap his hand in a door, or a bag of cement before moving onto a football!!

Bony again has been injured but hey the spotlight will fall on him in 12 months time when the lad has had a chance to prove himself properly.

Aguero is probably the best player or certainly one of the best players I've seen in a City shirt.

And what word class striker are we going to get to replace him with? ..... He's probably top 3 in the world and unlike some of the other prima-donnas like Nasri and Yaya he's got a great attitude ??? Suarez, Aguero, Costa ... everyone else seems to be a level down .... there's no way we'll sell this guy...

TrueBlue1705 said:
And what word class striker are we going to get to replace him with? ..... He's probably top 3 in the world and unlike some of the other prima-donnas like Nasri and Yaya he's got a great attitude ??? Suarez, Aguero, Costa ... everyone else seems to be a level down .... there's no way we'll sell this guy...

wouldn.t sell him at any price.

yet, towards the end of last season i honestly thought he was being a bit precious, nursing himself back from injury and not wanting to miss the world cup, i got the impression the world cup was more important to him than the league title..i may be wrong.
his attitude is for the most part spot on and certainly better than nasri and yaya.

leech said:

wthbs.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.