Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2014/15)

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sergio Aguero

Great to see him back but we were on top and hunting another goal at that point,pellers should have let it play out for a while longer,he was always going to be rusty and it interupted our momentum

I would bring him on at half time on Wednesday, give him 60-70 minutes from the start against West Brom meaning he'll be well and truly ready to kick arse for the 2 vital away games we need him for.

Agree not a fan of Dzeko but at the time the change was made we were well on top seemed pointless bringing on a half fit Aguero and it was proved with his sloppy pass to Silva which should have been 3-2

kiam06 said:
Agree not a fan of Dzeko but at the time the change was made we were well on top seemed pointless bringing on a half fit Aguero and it was proved with his sloppy pass to Silva which should have been 3-2

I though Sergio should have shot instead of passing to Silva.

I was actually wanting Sergio to come on for Dzeko to give us some pace in attack and so we could have another player to run at their defence yet I think he only touched the ball three or four times when he came on.

Looking back now leaving Dzeko on would have give us a target man in the box in that last ten minutes, they were pegged back and it was perfect for Edin.

It was a tough one. Dzeko worked very hard all game and really started to benefit from Milner's involvement providing him with more support. Aguero caused them a new headache and very nearly created our third, and should have. Dzeko wouldn't have turned Skrtel that same way and you never know really. The way things had panned out, we were on top and shouldn't really have looked to change anything at that stage.

sam-caddick said:
kiam06 said:

I was actually wanting Sergio to come on for Dzeko to give us some pace in attack and so we could have another player to run at their defence yet I think he only touched the ball three or four times when he came on.

Looking back now leaving Dzeko on would have give us a target man in the box in that last ten minutes, they were pegged back and it was perfect for Edin.

Aguero could have shot, but he played the percentages and he was inches away from the bulls-eye. Calling it a sloppy pass is very harsh.

My question - why not have both Aguero and Dzeko on? Maybe put Aguero in for Nasri (who had a fairly quiet game). Dzeko is additionally always useful at the defensive end, for instance off plays like the throw-in that led to Kompany's horror moment.

sam-caddick said:
kiam06 said:

Problem with having Dzeko on for Agüero at that point was: We didn't use Dzeko proberly as we didn't make long passes or high balls, instead we played a lot of small fast passes who is more natural to Agüero than Dzeko, and it felt (For me) like a perfect time to give Agüero some game time and possibly benefit from Agüero, who can do the unexpected.

After Kompany made that mistake we only looked dangerous from crossing. But those crosses (in the air) went to Silva, Nasri, Agüero marked by Sakho, Johnson, Skrtel.
Had maybe 2-3 corners too, but not much happened.

Dzeko or Negredo on for waiting for crosses would have been ideal, clearly he had to use a sub for Yaya early on, not something he planned surely. A Nasri-Negredo sub for last 10 minutes would have been great down at 3-2.

John.des said:
After Kompany made that mistake we only looked dangerous from crossing. But those crosses (in the air) went to Silva, Nasri, Agüero marked by Sakho, Johnson, Skrtel.

Dzeko or Negredo on for waiting for crosses would have been ideal, clearly he had to use a sub for Yaya early on, not something he planned surely. A Nasri-Negredo sub for last 10 minutes would have been great down at 3-2.

Don't tell me it was a stupid mistake to put in Agüero though, at 2-2 with us "dominating" at the time, 5 £ everybody at match day thread was screaming for Agüero to get in. Always so clever to look back and be clever.

Bruun said:
John.des said:

Don't tell me it was a stupid mistake to put in Agüero though, at 2-2 with us "dominating" at the time, 5 £ everybody at match day thread was screaming for Agüero to get in. Always so clever to look back and be clever.
Spot on, hindsight's a wonderful thing. If Silva had connected with that cross to put us 3-2 ahead everyone would have said it was a masterstroke. I agree with John though that Negredo would have been ideal for Nasri after falling behind again but we unfortunately didn't have any subs left!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.