Player topic: Sergio Aguero (2014/15)

• Thread starter Deleted member 58678
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sergio Aguero

buhz said:
Aguero is a hell of a player, but i had the impression yesterday, that he wasn't 100% sharp. Zabelata said that Sergio is afraid to get injured again before the WC. if that was the case then i would play him 60 min next week and then sub him for javotic.

Not on if true, he has to man up if he is trying to protect himself. We are all relying on him playing as hard as he can, from now until the end of the season. if you go into tackles and one on ones half hearted you get injured in any case.

jonmcity said:
buhz said:
Aguero is a hell of a player, but i had the impression yesterday, that he wasn't 100% sharp. Zabelata said that Sergio is afraid to get injured again before the WC. if that was the case then i would play him 60 min next week and then sub him for javotic.

Not on if true, he has to man up if he is trying to protect himself. We are all relying on him playing as hard as he can, from now until the end of the season. if you go into tackles and one on ones half hearted you get injured in any case.

You're actually buying that? Lol

Say hello to Brendan

supercity88 said:
Getting closer and closer to that electric form that makes him the best striker in the Premiership. He showed glimpses against Palace - where he managed to get the ball and just run rings around them, but the final bit of trickery was just lacking. They were very compact in defence but if Sergio gets another good week of training under his belt then he must be looking forward to running rings around the Everton defence. It is that touch and passing accuracy that comes with match fitness - a match fit Aguero puts the ball on a plate to Silva against Liverpool - and his touch against Palace was impeccable. Really expect him to put in a performance at Goodison that reflects what he would have done to Spurs before he got injured!

I really think he is coming back to fitness at the right time. He was subdued against Liverpool, only his dart up the touchline of note, was a little sluggish against WBA but his shooting was there. Yesterday was unable to get his get that little bit of space in a crowded box but his movement was fantastic. He was also aggressively driving at their back four but couldn't get past the last defender. Another week on and we could see those sort of runs resulting in goals like at Spurs and Old Trafford (last season) and of course QPR.

Damien10 said:
buhz said:
He looked sharp to me, definitely considering he's only just come back from injury. And of course he fears getting injured now, so will every other football player. The WC comes along every four years and it's an event every player dreams of being part of.

Me too. The thing about this guy is that merely when he's on the pitch he frightens the shit out of defences. They're so busy watching him that it makes space for others. That's something I've noticed while he's been away. There's no-one else whose acceleration over ten yards is even comparable in our team, and the opposition are well aware of it. I don't mind if he scores or not. But I do want him there. For the whole ninety minutes, henceforth.

buhz said:

You can tell when Zaba headed the ball down to him, he was in the position to finish that but knew a challenge was coming in. Can't blame him really but let's hope he gets the right balance of cautiousness

Lovebitesandeveryfing said:
Damien10 said:
buhz said:
He looked sharp to me, definitely considering he's only just come back from injury. And of course he fears getting injured now, so will every other football player. The WC comes along every four years and it's an event every player dreams of being part of.

Me too. The thing about this guy is that merely when he's on the pitch he frightens the shit out of defences. They're so busy watching him that it makes space for others. That's something I've noticed while he's been away. There's no-one else whose acceleration over ten yards is even comparable in our team, and the opposition are well aware of it. I don't mind if he scores or not. But I do want him there. For the whole ninety minutes, henceforth.

You're right mate, his acceleration is frightening and must scare the shit out of defenders. City are harder to play against with Sergio in the team even if he's half fit, you can't let him out your sight at any time. Got a feeling he's going to rip into Everton like he did at spurs.

CitizenTID said:
buhz said:

You can tell when Zaba headed the ball down to him, he was in the position to finish that but knew a challenge was coming in. Can't blame him really but let's hope he gets the right balance of cautiousness

Agree mate I thought you could see it there too. He still caused problems, but he's still getting back to full fitness and hopefully he can really cause some trouble at goodison on sat

I think it's fair that he isn't quite up to speed. Not only the WC but he has broken down twice after returning from injury this season. He, and our staff may finally have it right building him in with a little caution. But he did look much sharper to me against Palace.

The last thing we would have wanted, bar a loss, is him running himself into the ground for 50 minutes and coming away with another aggravation. We need him, and everyone else for this run in.

Best player in the league at his best and unlike suarez turns it on even more against the big boys

Proelia said:
Best player in the league at his best and unlike suarez turns it on even more against the big boys
2 against United in 1 match
1 against Chelsea in 1
1 against Arsenal in 50 mins
And helped smash Tottenham to shit twice and 2 against Everton

Unfortunately not in the 1 match against Liverpool but it's not a bad record against the better teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.